ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor Visa question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mya_44
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

General Visitor Visa question

Post by mya_44 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:06 pm

Hi everyone,

My little brother wants to visit me in the UK. He lives in a third-world country. He is 27 years old and still studying art at a university. He lives with his parents.

I will be sponsoring his travel costs as he doesn’t have much in his bank account. He also has a workshop which he pays its rents regularly by taking money from the parents.

On that basis, what documents should we add to his application? Additionally, would you recommend not mentioning his workshop, as it would give the idea that he is actually on his own and not dependent on his parents?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

secret.simon

Re: General Visitor Visa question

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:15 pm

mya_44 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:06 pm
My little brother...is 27 years old and still studying art at a university. He lives with his parents.
He, a single unemployed male with little or no strong connection to his home country, is highly unlikely to get a visit visa. He should be prepared for a refusal.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:18 pm

What he needs to show is that he will leave the UK at the end of the visa. He’s young, a student, lives with parents, not much money, what are his ties to home country? Workshop aspect is not really relevant, parents pay the rent.
From your post the entry officer will probably assume he might not return.

NB. secret.simon got in first - tnx.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm

I am afraid that your younger brother is in a no win position. He has little ties with his home country and there is no magic set of documents that will overcome his personal circumstances.
Young, single, unemployed and no funds all point to a refusal.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:53 am

I go with a different opinion from all of the above. Yes his chances are slim but not impossible.

If you don't mind gambling with 6 months visa fee, the below are what you need.

As a student, he needs a letter from the Dean of his faculty, stating what course and Uni he's at.
The same letter can state that he intends to travel at Xtime which hopefully isn't term time.

He needs a copy of his student ID. If he can get a print out of his course work, great.

A letter from your parents stating that he intends to travel to see his brother during the holidays for 10-14 days (don't exceed that)!

Hopefully, you have funds in your account that looks good. State that you would be fully responsible for everything, flights,accommodation and general upkeep.

6 months payslips and statement of account from you.

Letter from your employer stating that you're in full employment.

Passport and immigration status.

Then keep everything crossed. :D
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:58 pm

Then get a refusal that will forever blight his immigration applications... yeah great idea

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:02 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:58 pm
Then get a refusal that will forever blight his immigration applications... yeah great idea
Don't know where you get this all doom and gloom idea from. I know folks that have been denied visas multiple time. I repeat it on this forum regularly.
Same person Denied UK visa 5 times, denied US visa 3 times, denied Canadian visa 3 times. He's been to all these countries multiple times after that.

A denial isn't the end of anyone's world. If you don't qualify today doesn't mean you never qualify ever again.

Stop scaring people!

Everyone's journey is different. Same thing that doesn't work for Mr A would work for Mr B.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:27 pm

Your own ad hoc story of multiple refusals says it all. Once you start building an adverse immigration history it is very had to shake it off. Yes there will be a tiny minority of people that will get through all you suggest. Your one case against 1000’s of refusals does not overcome the problem. The majority once refused struggle to get over that hurdle.
My advice is based on decades of practical experience in immigration and is backed by 10000’s of decisions at every level through every level of appeal including the Court of Appeal.
Based on the circumstances outlined the pragmatic route is not to throw caution to the wind to create a future barrier.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 pm

There are a few people that have applied here on this forum. Posted their refusal letters and we've advised them how to re-apply. Which they've done successfully.

Even the very rich with multiple investments around the world are denied. Abramovich of Chelsea's visa was put on hold.

OP has asked what his brother needs to add to his application. Not if he should apply or not. Categorically saying he would be refused is inaccurate. A lot of people come over on vacation to the UK, not all are working in their home countries.

You can't wait till you get as rich as Bill Gates before you try something.

If Obama listened to what people said, he would've never become the President of the USA.

Also, he might be part of that tiny minority you spoke about.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:00 pm

Live in sugar coated world by all means. The basic facts are young single, unemployed males, from third world counties with no ties, and especially with no significant funds are almost certainly not going to be granted a visit visa to the UK.
Rich or poor makes little difference it is the circumstances of the individual that matters. Particularly their ties to their home country. A letter from a Uni is not going to overcome that issue.
Being realistic rather than oh it might work I believe is a far better piece of advice.

Let the OP choose and decide if the risk is worth the reward

Ganeshkumarkorada
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Ganeshkumarkorada » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:29 pm

Hi Every one I have got the below reply from immigration for refusal of uk visa application.
Could anyone please suggest what to do.
It's helpful a lot

The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions. You have said that your sponsor will help you with this visit by providing you with funding and accommodation whilst you are in the United Kingdom and I am satisfied that they are in a position to do so based on documents provided. While I take that into account in assessing your proposed maintenance and accommodation in the UK, this is only one aspect of the visitor rules and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion of your visit.
• I have examined your documentation in order to determine if you have demonstrated your own circumstances in your home country. You have stated that you are unemployed in your home country. The information provided in support of your application does not demonstrate the income or finances of any close family members in your country of residence who may be supporting you financially. The information provided in support of your application therefore does not establish your financial circumstances to be as declared or establish how you are supported in your country of residence.
• In consideration of your family ties I note the statements made by you in your visa application and supporting information which indicate that your spouse will remain in your home country. Whilst I accept that this is a positive indicator of the family ties you hold to your home country, given my significant concerns regarding your economic ties listed above, I am not satisfied that the presence of your spouse in your home country acts to sufficiently tip the balance of probabilities to satisfy me that you intend to depart the UK at the end of the period stated by you, nor that you seek entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor rules
• I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:07 am

Ganeshkumarkorada wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:29 pm
Hi Every one I have got the below reply from immigration for refusal of uk visa application.
Could anyone please suggest what to do.
It's helpful a lot

The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions. You have said that your sponsor will help you with this visit by providing you with funding and accommodation whilst you are in the United Kingdom and I am satisfied that they are in a position to do so based on documents provided. While I take that into account in assessing your proposed maintenance and accommodation in the UK, this is only one aspect of the visitor rules and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion of your visit.
• I have examined your documentation in order to determine if you have demonstrated your own circumstances in your home country. You have stated that you are unemployed in your home country. The information provided in support of your application does not demonstrate the income or finances of any close family members in your country of residence who may be supporting you financially. The information provided in support of your application therefore does not establish your financial circumstances to be as declared or establish how you are supported in your country of residence.
• In consideration of your family ties I note the statements made by you in your visa application and supporting information which indicate that your spouse will remain in your home country. Whilst I accept that this is a positive indicator of the family ties you hold to your home country, given my significant concerns regarding your economic ties listed above, I am not satisfied that the presence of your spouse in your home country acts to sufficiently tip the balance of probabilities to satisfy me that you intend to depart the UK at the end of the period stated by you, nor that you seek entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor rules
• I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.
Do not hijack someone's post or topic
Create yours and ask your questions there.