ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document upload

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paullight
Newly Registered

Document upload

Post by paullight » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:35 am

A few questions about uploading documents supporting 5 years' residency:

1. Would 2 docs for each year be enough (P60s from employer plus student finance, for each year). I'm also adding letter from employer, landlord+tenancy agreement and confirmation of college course. I think that should be enough, I don't want to overload?

2. Some docs are in b&w and some colour, I think the instruction to scan in b&w is to keep size down, so colour should be ok if small size?

3. File names. I've uploaded everything with names that have spaces, eg. "Student finance letter 2019.pdf", should I delete them and reupload with dashes like "Student-finance-letter-2019.pdf", to be on the safe side?

4. If there is something missing in terms of evidence, they will ask for it, rather than refuse application?

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Document upload

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:46 am

paullight wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:35 am
A few questions about uploading documents supporting 5 years' residency:

1. Would 2 docs for each year be enough (P60s from employer plus student finance, for each year). I'm also adding letter from employer, landlord+tenancy agreement and confirmation of college course. I think that should be enough, I don't want to overload?
One doc is sufficient, P60 will do.
2. Some docs are in b&w and some colour, I think the instruction to scan in b&w is to keep size down, so colour should be ok if small size?
Yes
3. File names. I've uploaded everything with names that have spaces, eg. "Student finance letter 2019.pdf", should I delete them and reupload with dashes like "Student-finance-letter-2019.pdf", to be on the safe side?
Not sure what the difference is, if any. Was this the instruction?
4. If there is something missing in terms of evidence, they will ask for it, rather than refuse application?
Application only needs a minimum of documents. What are you actually submitting? They may or may not refuse you. Refusals are normally due to not complying with statutory requirement, such as English, LITUK, absences, etc.
Many thanks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

paullight
Newly Registered

Post by paullight » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:23 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:46 am

Not sure what the difference is, if any. Was this the instruction?
Here's the instruction from UKVCAS site:
How should I name the files?
The file name should be simple and not contain any special characters.
For example bank-statement-april-2022.pdf is allowed.
Allowed characters are (alphanumeric, ', \, /, ., -, ", (, ), @, !, £, $, €, &, :, +, ?
So, spaces theoretically should be ok, but I know some computer systems don't like them so I think I'll rename.
Application only needs a minimum of documents. What are you actually submitting? They may or may not refuse you. Refusals are normally due to not complying with statutory requirement, such as English, LITUK, absences, etc.
I'm submitting as in point 1, fulfilling all statutory requirements. Just wondering if they want to clarify something about docs or don't like any for some reason, they should ask for extra docs or alternatives.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:27 pm

They can and sometimes do ask for clarification or additional documents but unless you think there’s an issue I wouldn’t add additional docs.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.