ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency in Sweden as a Surviving Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vshiro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Permanent Residency in Sweden as a Surviving Spouse

Post by vshiro » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:03 pm

I hope this message finds you well.

I am an African woman who has been married to a Swedish man for over 10 years. Throughout our marriage, we have resided outside of Sweden due to my husband's career as an international corporate consultant, which led us to various countries in the Middle East and Africa.

Tragically, my husband fell ill four months ago and passed away. As a result, I am now left with the responsibility of raising our three children alone. While my children are fortunate to hold dual citizenship, I am seeking guidance on the process of obtaining permanent residency in Sweden.

My primary goal is to relocate to Sweden with my children so they can continue their education, immerse themselves in Swedish culture, and honor their father's legacy.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or insights you may have regarding the steps involved in seeking permanent residency in Sweden as a surviving spouse.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

secret.simon

Re: Permanent Residency in Sweden as a Surviving Spouse

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:39 pm

How old are the children?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vshiro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by vshiro » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:59 am

The children are 20yrs (living in Australia), 12yrs and 8 yrs living with me.

MylaHughes
- thin ice -
Mood:
United States of America

Post by MylaHughes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Sweden has different programs and procedures for obtaining permanent residence permits for different categories of people, including widows and widowers. One of the first steps you need to take is to contact the Swedish Migration Service or the Swedish Embassy in your current country of residence. Also, seek help from local organizations or community services