ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse with Exceeded Absent Limit in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tarunc
Newly Registered
India

ILR for Spouse with Exceeded Absent Limit in the UK

Post by tarunc » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 am

Dear Admins and Moderators,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend.

"I have a question regarding the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) process for my spouse.

Currently, I hold a Skilled Visa (T2 Skilled Worker) valid for three years, expiring in July 2024. But before this I was on ICT since 2015.While the typical route for ILR requires a five-year period, due to my continuous residence in the UK since June 2015, I am eligible to apply for ILR next year, specifically in May 2024, through the 10-year route.However my spouse will have to take a 5 year route as she came to UK in 2018 after our marriage.

My current visa commenced on 07 June 2021. Similarly, my wife holds a Skilled Dependent Partner visa, also initiated on the same date. Prior to this she was on a ICT Dependent visa for 2 years. Unfortunately, she exceeded the 180-day absence limit (more precisely 232 days) from the UK during the first year of her Skilled Dependent Partner visa due to her recovery from post-pregnancy issues in India.

Given this situation, I would like to seek your valuable suggestions about the best options available to expedite and minimize expenses for my wife's ILR application."

Your guidance and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Spouse with Exceeded Absent Limit in the UK

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:18 am

She will have to extend under the dependant route until she is eligible for ILR given her absences prevents her from securing ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice