ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Evidence upload

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nana5
Newly Registered
Ghana

Citizenship Evidence upload

Post by nana5 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:44 pm

Many thanks to the moderators of this fantastic forum and to all the individuals who have generously shared their knowledge. My query pertains to the best method for uploading the referees and Identity form along with my passport photo. I previously scanned a copy, but unfortunately, the passport photo wasn’t clearly visible, and my face couldn’t be seen. Could you kindly advise me on the optimal way to upload the form with the passport photo affixed? Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship Evidence upload

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:40 pm

Haven't come across this problem before but perhaps taking a photograph of the form and load that? That may be better than scanning it?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:09 pm

Yeah I think you'll just have to keep trying scanning with different settings (if possible).... try with colour and black and white... or try to photograph the form. I know I had to fiddle a bit with brightness and contrast on the scan to get my partner's photograph looking reasonable but that was mainly because the original photo had glare (despite being done in a passport photo booth).

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 am

Try changing the resolution of your scanner, or try a different machine. A photo of the form will also work.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

nana5
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by nana5 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:31 am

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions. I captured an image of the form using my phone and converted it to a PDF.

nana5
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by nana5 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:05 pm

Hello once again, Please I would like to clarify whether I need to attach the email result of my Life in the UK test as it is not part of the checklist generated for me, or if the URN number I filled in the form is sufficient. Thank you

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:36 pm

When did you take the exam? If you have a certificate upload it, if you only have an email with a URN the URN will be enough.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

nana5
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by nana5 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:06 pm

I sat for the exam in August 2023 and received an email containing only the URN; no certificate was attached. This URN was used for my (ILR) application

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:25 pm

Supply the URN again.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:29 am

nana5 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:06 pm
I sat for the exam in August 2023 and received an email containing only the URN; no certificate was attached. This URN was used for my (ILR) application
Same URN as for ILR should be supplied.