ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child UK Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isha890
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child UK Visitor Visa

Post by isha890 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am

I am seeking advice on a child visitor visa application. I am a British citizen and want to invite my 9-year-old nephew to the UK for the summer holidays on a UK visitor visa. I have a questions if anyone could advise:

1. I am covering the entire cost of my nephew's UK trip, so it means that I will need to show my financial capability to sponsor him. However, in this case, when I am sponsoring my nephew and submitting my financial documents, do I still need to submit his parents' financial documentation?

2. In online visitor visa application form the question is asked that What is the total amount of money you spend each month? Now applicant is 9 year old child and I tried to mention 0.00 but system won’t allow zero figures so what should I write?

Thanks in advance

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Child UK Visitor Visa

Post by Ticktack » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:57 pm

isha890 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am
I am seeking advice on a child visitor visa application. I am a British citizen and want to invite my 9-year-old nephew to the UK for the summer holidays on a UK visitor visa. I have a questions if anyone could advise:

1. I am covering the entire cost of my nephew's UK trip, so it means that I will need to show my financial capability to sponsor him. However, in this case, when I am sponsoring my nephew and submitting my financial documents, do I still need to submit his parents' financial documentation? Yes, parents financial, letter of approval to travel and passport data pages.

2. In online visitor visa application form the question is asked that What is the total amount of money you spend each month? Now applicant is 9 year old child and I tried to mention 0.00 but system won’t allow zero figures so what should I write? £1 should be fine. They'd know applicant is a minor.

Thanks in advance
Just wondering who child would be travelling with? Not a deal breaker, just my inquisitive nature.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

isha890
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Child UK Visitor Visa

Post by isha890 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:42 pm

Child will travel alone if visa approved