ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof Lawful Residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

About submitting documents

Post by YWANY » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:41 pm

I’m now starting filling British Citizenship form, on documents section it says "You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies.
Any passports provided must be originals.”
How can I provide any passports(including old passport) in original when being asked submitting all required documents done online?
May I ask if anyone can help me to understand these wording.

Thanks

By the way, how long should my passports cover? Do I need to provide all the passport( new and old) from the day I first arriving in the UK, no matter either I apply 5 years on my own or 3 years as spouse of British Citizen?

Dancull
Hungary

Re: About submitting documents

Post by Dancull » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:04 pm

I’m now starting filling British Citizenship form, on documents section it says "You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies.
Any passports provided must be originals.”
How can I provide any passports(including old passport) in original when being asked submitting all required documents done online? Just scan in all the pages your current and old passports (That's what I did !).
May I ask if anyone can help me to understand these wording.

Thanks

By the way, how long should my passports cover? If it is in your own right 5 years, if spouse 3 years.
Do I need to provide all the passport( new and old) from the day I first arriving in the UK, no matter either I apply 5 years on my own or 3 years as spouse of British Citizen? yes, I think it is for the best

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:18 pm

You only need to provide passport(s) scans covering the residency period (5 or 3 years).
Not every passport since arriving in the UK (I had 10 by the time I applied).
There's no need to provide more than is actually necessary.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Openheimmer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Openheimmer » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:33 pm

Just scan all the pages of your passports and you should be good. The home office has all the details of your travel in and out of the UK so you'll be okay there.

There isn't any need to submit physical documents to the home office. All should be electronic.

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by YWANY » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:44 pm

thank you very much

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application form questions

Post by YWANY » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:24 pm

Could anyone help to understand the meaning of ‘Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in previous application.’ in the English language part on the form.
On what circumstances it should be answered ‘Yes’ and on what circumstances it will be answered ‘No’.
Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:47 pm

I have merged your latest post with your previous thread - no need to start a thread for each question - continue here.

Have your provided proof of English (also LITUK) in previous immigration applications, latest being ILR?
If so say yes. If you didn't provide then "No" and follow next questions.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Re: Application form questions

Post by SupperDog » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:48 pm

YWANY wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:24 pm
Could anyone help to understand the meaning of ‘Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in previous application.’ in the English language part on the form.
On what circumstances it should be answered ‘Yes’ and on what circumstances it will be answered ‘No’.
Many thanks.
If you have 'provided evidence of your English language ability in previous application' you should answer yes.

if you have NOT 'provided evidence of your English language ability in previous application' you should answer no.

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by YWANY » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:24 am

thank you very much

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

photo copy of passport

Post by YWANY » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:59 am

According to the requirement to the British passport of spouse, the applicants need to photocopy every page of British passport of their spouse. Could anyone tell me if the applicants need to photocopy every page of their current and all expired original passport issued by their national country too while submitting documents.
Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: photo copy of passport

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:02 pm

YWANY wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:59 am
According to the requirement to the British passport of spouse, the applicants need to photocopy every page of British passport of their spouse. Could anyone tell me if the applicants need to photocopy every page of their current and all expired original passport issued by their national country too while submitting documents.
Many thanks
Only the current passport covering the residency period, if it doesn't cover the whole period then current and prior. NOT all expired passports.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:04 pm

YWANY wrote:
Many thanks
You only need the biometric page of the british spouse passport!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Application form questions

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:24 pm

YWANY wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:24 pm
Many thanks.
If you have sent an English language certificate or degree taught in English for your ILR application answer YES and provide the details. If you didn't or can't retrieve the details answer NO and book a SELT B1 English test.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:52 pm

YWANY wrote:
Many thanks
Nothing of such, biodata page is sufficient.

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Date on referee declaration

Post by YWANY » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:58 pm

Hi, is there anyone can help me to answer the date requirement on the referee declarations? When should the referee sign the referee declaration? Before the date of my application submission, or after the date of my application submission?
Many thanks and regards

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Date on referee declaration

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:59 pm

Before application is submitted, ideally 1-2 months before to keep it recent.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Date on referee declaration

Post by YWANY » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:53 pm

thanks you

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Proof Lawful Residence

Post by YWANY » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:50 pm

I’m now is filling the on line application form for nationalisation as a British Citizen.
In the section of documents required, one of documents requests“ proof of living in the UK for 5 years if applying in your on right or 3 years if applying as the souse of British Citizen”.
Could please anybody tell me what kind of documents I need to provide to prove of living in the UK for 5 years or 3 years? Thank you and kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof Lawful Residence

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:58 pm

It depends on your immigration route.

If you did a spouse visa and then ilr, you only need your passport(s) all stamped pages.

If you can the EEA/EU family route, you need P60s etc.

Also, topics merged. Please keep all your questions in ONE topic!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

YWANY
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by YWANY » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:28 pm

Thank you!

I’m now filling an application form online for applying nationalisation British Citizen. I’m confused about the documents required about “Proof of living the UK for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen.
I have looked up it in Form AN: Guidance (accessible). I wonder if anybody could explain the wording of "Under The Nationality and Borders Act 2022, you will normally meet this requirement where you have been granted indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK. This means that, in most cases, you will only need to demonstrate that you hold valid indefinite leave in the UK in order to meet the lawful residence requirement. You will not normally need to provide evidence of your immigration status during the 5- or 3-year period.”, which is shown in section 6 : Lawful residence in the Form AN: Guidance (accessible). I’m not sure what kind documents I should eventually have to provide for the proof of living in the UK for 5 years or 3 years. Thank you and kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:58 pm
It depends on your immigration route.

If you did a spouse visa and then ilr, you only need your passport(s) all stamped pages.

If you can the EEA/EU family route, you need P60s etc.

Also, topics merged. Please keep all your questions in ONE topic!
????
Char (CR001 not Casa)