ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending retention review decision and citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Pending retention review decision and citizenship application

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

I was on Stamp4EUfam valid till 2020. 2019 relationship with EU end and I applied for retention of rights with big list of documents. then in 2020 december I applied for citizenship.

then my ROR was refused and was told by department my stamp revoked, then solicitor submit appeal. this was also refused with no solid grounds. then my solicitor put review on deciscion. since 2021 I'm waiting for retention review application. and my citizenship application stuck/lost.

Now this year my solictor sent 2 week warning letter to citizenship department do decision and they mentioned my application is in process with EU treaty. Then solicitor sent letter to EU treaty department about retention review but no response from them. now solicitor suggesting to bring EU treaty to the court. I'll really appreciate suggestion and opinions on below.

does this worth to pay solicitor 800 euros more and bring EU treaty to the court? as I'm tired of solicitors already paaid around 6k to 7k for retention and citizenship and appeals bla bla.. (Note: I don't have visa issues, I work in IT and since 2021 I'm on critical skills.)

Assume if bring them to the court how much time court will takes for decision AND if not bring to court then what should be the best approach.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Pending retention review decision and citizenship application

Post by User20123 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm
I was on Stamp4EUfam valid till 2020. 2019 relationship with EU end and I applied for retention of rights with big list of documents. then in 2020 december I applied for citizenship.

then my ROR was refused and was told by department my stamp revoked, then solicitor submit appeal. this was also refused with no solid grounds. then my solicitor put review on deciscion. since 2021 I'm waiting for retention review application. and my citizenship application stuck/lost.

Now this year my solictor sent 2 week warning letter to citizenship department do decision and they mentioned my application is in process with EU treaty. Then solicitor sent letter to EU treaty department about retention review but no response from them. now solicitor suggesting to bring EU treaty to the court. I'll really appreciate suggestion and opinions on below.

does this worth to pay solicitor 800 euros more and bring EU treaty to the court? as I'm tired of solicitors already paaid around 6k to 7k for retention and citizenship and appeals bla bla.. (Note: I don't have visa issues, I work in IT and since 2021 I'm on critical skills.)

Assume if bring them to the court how much time court will takes for decision AND if not bring to court then what should be the best approach.
I wouldn't think twice about paying an extra 800 EUR on top of what you've already paid because this case is complicated and you won't get a decision on your application until your solicitor takes it to court. You will get the money back from the department if you win the case. When the court makes a decision really depends on your case and how important it is to be looked at. Since your application has been pending for more than three years, I would think that it would take them less time to make a decision. However, we can't be sure, and the only person who can give you this advice is your solicitor.

There is no other way to handle this case than to take them to court right now. It's clear that your case is complicated, and you won't get a decision any time soon if your solicitor doesn't push it further. At this point, waiting would not help and would only make you more anxious, so I suggest you pay an extra 800 EUR and let the solicitor do what was suggested in your case. Hope that this turns out well for you!