ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Tier (1) Dependant from UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UK_high
Newly Registered

Timeline for Tier (1) Dependant from UK

Post by UK_high » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:44 am

I need to apply for a Tier-1 dependant visa for my new born child in UK. What sort of time does it take for a dependant visa applied from UK

Thanks,
Munish

mbasaaga

Re: Timeline for Tier (1) Dependant from UK

Post by mbasaaga » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:54 am

I applied for my dependents on 31st december, still waiting - no response received.

the number i used to followup when I had applied for Tier 1 also does not seem to work anymore.. does anyone know how to find out the status?
UK_high wrote:I need to apply for a Tier-1 dependant visa for my new born child in UK. What sort of time does it take for a dependant visa applied from UK

Thanks,
Munish

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:20 pm

This happened to me exactly the same. I applied for my dependent visa on 29th December and they haven't yet deducted the money from my account (which they used to deduct the same day as application received or the very next working day) and also haven't received any acknowledgment letter.

Does any one know if they have changed the process that they don't charge you now until a case worker has been assigned to it?

Munish, have they charged you for the fees yet?

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:20 pm

This happened to me exactly the same. I applied for my dependent visa on 29th December and they haven't yet deducted the money from my account (which they used to deduct the same day as application received or the very next working day) and also haven't received any acknowledgment letter.

Does any one know if they have changed the process that they don't charge you now until a case worker has been assigned to it?

Munish, have they charged you for the fees yet?

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Do they charge the fees the same day or takes few days for UK applicant?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:08 pm

One can apply in person at one of the PEOs.
This is a same day service, but you need to book an appointment for that.