ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Withdrawal Fee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

laraibxsunny
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation Application Withdrawal Fee

Post by laraibxsunny » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:32 am

Hello,

I recently applied for my Naturalisation and had a realisation that i made a mistake that i need to fix. I went to withdraw my application and get the refund but in the declaration it says that you will not be refunded for your application fee.

I understand that if you have done your biometrics appointment that then this is true but can anyone give a guarantee that because i haven’t attended my biometric appointment and only sent the application two days ago that i’ll get my money back when withdrawing?

Thanks,
Laraib

laraibxsunny
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Application Withdrawal Fee

Post by laraibxsunny » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:20 am

Also the mistake i need to fix is that i missed out on one of the trips i took outside the UK. Is that something i should 100% withdraw my application because of right?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:05 am

No, this omission can be addressed in a cover note and uploaded by you or when you attend biometrics appointment.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:02 am

No need to withdraw, explain your mistake in a cover note and upload it before you attend the biometric appointment.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

laraibxsunny
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by laraibxsunny » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:33 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:02 am
No need to withdraw, explain your mistake in a cover note and upload it before you attend the biometric appointment.
oh wow thank you, i also wanted to ask if mentioning that i left my job a day before submitting my application, in the cover letter would be a good idea as i didn’t change my employment details?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:41 am

laraibxsunny wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:32 am
can anyone give a guarantee
Anonymous strangers on a web forum aren't the best people to seek guarantees from. We can guide based on the guidance published by the government, but none of us (to the best of my knowledge) work for the Home Office and certainly can't give you a guarantee on their behalf.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:56 am

laraibxsunny wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:33 am
contorted_svy wrote:
oh wow thank you, i also wanted to ask if mentioning that i left my job a day before submitting my application, in the cover letter would be a good idea as i didn’t change my employment details?
Best to declare it in the cover letter.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:26 pm

laraibxsunny wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:33 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Having a job isn't a requirement for citizenship.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!