ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my employer try and revoke my ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usainlondon1712
inactive
United States of America

Can my employer try and revoke my ILR

Post by usainlondon1712 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:54 pm

Hi

About a month ago I received ILR working with my current employer who I was employed with on a skilled worker visa. I was employed by them for only 6 months, and was with my previous employer, sponsored on a skilled worker visa, for approximately 5 years. The previous employer unfortunately went into liquidation just before I received ILR.

A couple of days ago I gave notice to my current employer as I received another offer and I have ILR. I just want to be sure there is nothing my current employer could do to try and revoke my ILR? The current employer was not very happy that I gave notice given the short timeline between sponsoring my visa, me receiving ILR, and me providing notice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can my employer try and revoke my ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:00 pm

I just want to be sure there is nothing my current employer could do to try and revoke my ILR?
No they cannot. Only UKVI can revoke ILR and it would have to be something pretty big for them to do that, ie deception, serious criminal offences etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:12 am

After getting ILR, you are no longer a sponsored worker and are not bound by Skilled Worker rules, so you no longer have a sponsor. Your employer has no influence on your immigration status after ILR. You are free to live and work as you wish
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:13 am

usainlondon1712 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:54 pm
Hi

About a month ago I received ILR working with my current employer who I was employed with on a skilled worker visa. I was employed by them for only 6 months, and was with my previous employer, sponsored on a skilled worker visa, for approximately 5 years. The previous employer unfortunately went into liquidation just before I received ILR.

A couple of days ago I gave notice to my current employer as I received another offer and I have ILR. I just want to be sure there is nothing my current employer could do to try and revoke my ILR? The current employer was not very happy that I gave notice given the short timeline between sponsoring my visa, me receiving ILR, and me providing notice.
No, there is no action of theirs that can result in revocation of your ILR.