ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

online application submitted but do not know what to do next?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saqee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

online application submitted but do not know what to do next?

Post by saqee » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:19 pm

Hi
I have applied online for my wife naturalisation application in February .The biometrics were enrolled and we have been sent an email that all scanned documents are submitted to Home office. After that we have not heard anything from home office. No acknowledgment letter neither any further information. I am really worried now .My question is do I need to send printed application or any documents by post. What about the referees. I have online submitted the signed references do I need to post them in the paper format as well. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: online application submitted but do not know what to do next?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:26 pm

There's no requirement to send any paper documents.
You may receive an acknowledgment - or you may not. Normally the next you hear is the approval, this could take up to 6 months, sometimes longer. UKVI do not sent any processing updates normally unless they need further details or documents. I assume they have taken payment?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:07 am

saqee wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:19 pm
Hi
I have applied online for my wife naturalisation application in February .The biometrics were enrolled and we have been sent an email that all scanned documents are submitted to Home office. After that we have not heard anything from home office. No acknowledgment letter neither any further information. I am really worried now .My question is do I need to send printed application or any documents by post. What about the referees. I have online submitted the signed references do I need to post them in the paper format as well. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks
It is nothing to worry about, UKVCAS already told you submitted to HO, you will not get acknowledgement from HO's side.
Next communication is decision on the application, mail indicating how long it may take to process or request for additional documents.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:21 am

As above... all normal.

Applications seem to be taking minimum 3 months with many being reported around the 3.5 month mark. Currently December applications seem to be getting approved with the odd January thrown in. (Caveat some take much longer). So realistically perhaps May or beyond before you hear anything.

saqee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saqee » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:50 pm

Many thanks for all your input.

saqee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saqee » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:52 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:26 pm
There's no requirement to send any paper documents.
You may receive an acknowledgment - or you may not. Normally the next you hear is the approval, this could take up to 6 months, sometimes longer. UKVI do not sent any processing updates normally unless they need further details or documents. I assume they have taken payment?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, payment has already been processed.