ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting may take up to 4 years,advise is needed please

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanna

Waiting may take up to 4 years,advise is needed please

Post by hanna » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi all,I was wondering if you could give me an advise.Im currently staying in UK with my husband and son on the student visa.We applied for a perminent residency in Canada in november 2007 and still waiting for a second stage of the process to begin.We were told that it may take up to 4 years,so I am thinking of applying for a student visa to go and study in Canada,so we can wait for a dessision there.And I have got a few questions regarding this.
Can I apply for this student visa without living the UK?
Can I take my family with me?
I would appriciate your advise.Thank you.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:37 pm

I applied for the simplified process in nov 06 and was given a similar time frame of four years. But the process has already begun after 2 years

adnanub

Re: Waiting may take up to 4 years,advise is needed please

Post by adnanub » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:55 pm

hanna wrote:Hi all,I was wondering if you could give me an advise.Im currently staying in UK with my husband and son on the student visa.We applied for a perminent residency in Canada in november 2007 and still waiting for a second stage of the process to begin.We were told that it may take up to 4 years,so I am thinking of applying for a student visa to go and study in Canada,so we can wait for a dessision there.And I have got a few questions regarding this.
Can I apply for this student visa without living the UK?
Can I take my family with me?
I would appriciate your advise.Thank you.
hi hana

the same situation is with my friend, he applied in sept 06 but he has not yet received any reply from the high commissio london, even he wrote a letter to them but the canadian embassy not replying

Richter

Post by Richter » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:01 am

The London visa office is currently sending update letters to February 07 applicants (in the old queue). They are quoting new timescales of 24 - 28 months for people in this queue.

If your friend applied in Sept 06 and hasn't heard anything sounds like something is wrong?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Four years, makes the shortish wait for most applications to the UK Home Office/FCO seem like lightning.