ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt in visa changing process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raolisan
Newly Registered
Brazil

Doubt in visa changing process

Post by raolisan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm

Hey guys,
So, my partner has become an Irish citzen and I need to change my visa. Previously I had stamp 3 and now it'd be stamp 4(as he is now Irish), My current visa is expired for awhile because I was in Brazil for family matters. Does someone know if there's any different process in this situation or it'd be the normal one, book an appointment and go to garda together on the day? Thanks in advance.

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: Doubt in visa changing process

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Here are two government websites with the information you need, including the important note that your partner is not automatically entitled to bring you to Ireland.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/r ... ea-spouse/

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... mily-visa/

raolisan
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by raolisan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:41 pm

Just adding infos, I'm already in Ireland again (legally ofc) and had a stamp 3(from the marriage).

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:25 pm

Sorry, so I am a bit lost now.

Previously you said the following:
raolisan wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm
My current visa is expired for awhile because I was in Brazil for family matters.
So then how are you legally in Ireland if your visa is expired?

I am not a solicitor but if you are in Ireland without a proper visa, then it might complicate your application to a visa as the spouse of an Irish citizen.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:09 am

AlmostIrish_111 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:25 pm
Sorry, so I am a bit lost now.

Previously you said the following:
raolisan wrote:
My current visa is expired for awhile because I was in Brazil for family matters.
So then how are you legally in Ireland if your visa is expired?

I am not a solicitor but if you are in Ireland without a proper visa, then it might complicate your application to a visa as the spouse of an Irish citizen.
No that's incorrect. Brazilians have a visa waiver to Ireland for 90days. Even if the person is illegal, so far as that person is married to Irish national, he/she can request for permission and register at the Garda Immigration office. It just won't be straightforward as just showing up at Garda to register.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:33 am

raolisan wrote:
Hey guys,
So, my partner has become an Irish citzen and I need to change my visa. Previously I had stamp 3 and now it'd be stamp 4(as he is now Irish), My current visa is expired for awhile because I was in Brazil for family matters. Does someone know if there's any different process in this situation or it'd be the normal one, book an appointment and go to garda together on the day? Thanks in advance.
Hi,

If you are not married,

You have to apply for new permission from the De Facto Relationship Application
Domestic Residence & Permissions Division
Immigration Service Delivery
PO Box 12695
Dublin 2
D02 XK70

Include a copy of your IRP and other required documents on the form.

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Yk_Krsh » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:19 pm

So we are married (here in Ireland a couple of years ago, if that matters) and he is legal in Ireland and I am an Irish citizen. The question is, when changing from Stamp 3 to Stamp 4, is it a regular bunch of documents (marriage certificate, bill, rent, bank statements, etc) or there's an application form needed? The info online is a bit confusing.

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:30 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:09 am
No that's incorrect. Brazilians have a visa waiver to Ireland for 90days. Even if the person is illegal, so far as that person is married to Irish national, he/she can request for permission and register at the Garda Immigration office. It just won't be straightforward as just showing up at Garda to register.
@Angel99,
I was not saying he/she was illegally in Ireland, I was asking how is he/she legally in the State.
From government websites you need to inform the reason for you visit upon entry, and the 90 days visa exemption for Brazilians is mentioned as for visit purposes, so I assume it would not apply.

From what it was said, their is no way to know on what terms was the entry granted.

Anyway, the government websites listed provide all information necessary on how to apply for the Irish spouse visa, and what documentation needs to be provided.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:35 am

AlmostIrish_111 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:30 pm
Angel99 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:09 am
@Angel99,
I was not saying he/she was illegally in Ireland, I was asking how is he/she legally in the State.
From government websites you need to inform the reason for you visit upon entry, and the 90 days visa exemption for Brazilians is mentioned as for visit purposes, so I assume it would not apply.

From what it was said, their is no way to know on what terms was the entry granted.

Anyway, the government websites listed provide all information necessary on how to apply for the Irish spouse visa, and what documentation needs to be provided.
Hi,

For Irish-EU spouses/parteners with visa waiver, they can enter as tourists or via visit and legalise their stay while on the Island.

The only difference is if that person enters this way especially for Irish spouses or partners, it is not that straightforward.

The application must be submitted in writing to Immigration Service Delivery. Must complete the Spouse/Civil Partner of an Irish National application form.

You can find more information below (entered without visa or with C type visa)

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... al-scheme/

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:50 am

If the person has not been outside Ireland for more than 3-6 months, He/She can include her expired stamp 3, with evidence for departing to her family abroad and use that to try and change her stamp with ISD.