ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for ILR right after getting GTV

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ykou337
Newly Registered
Belgium

Apply for ILR right after getting GTV

Post by ykou337 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:38 pm

Hi folks,

I have been in the UK for 3+ years under Tier 2, I'm planning to apply to GTV, just wondering if you have successfully, or know anyone who apply for IRL right after getting GTV as they are already here for over 3 years?

I'm planning to apply to the Exceptional Promise under the Royal Society endorsement, any of you have gotten ILR after 3 years under this visa?

Thanks a lot folks.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Apply for ILR right after getting GTV

Post by lolo2 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:49 am

You can combine time with a Skilled Worker visa + GTV and apply for ILR once reached three years. I'd suggest waiting at least a month after a GTV is granted - e.g. to get a payslip under this route - and then apply for ILR.

secret.simon

Re: Apply for ILR right after getting GTV

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:34 pm

Setting aside the question about ILR eligibility for a minute, be aware that you will only be eligible to apply for British citizenship only after a minimum of five years in the UK.

So, if you are applying for ILR after three years in the UK, you will still need to wait for a further two years before applying for British citizenship (unless you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British citizen).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.