ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Child Benefit with 'NRPF', one parent ILR, the other with 'NRF'

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timekillinglim
Newly Registered
Korea South

Claiming Child Benefit with 'NRPF', one parent ILR, the other with 'NRF'

Post by timekillinglim » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:31 am

Hi there,

I appreciate that similar queries might have been asked previously, but I would be grateful if someone could clarify my concern.

My family is from South Korea, I got my ILR in 2020, and my wife and two children applied for their ILR a few days ago.
Their current immigration status has been Tier 2 PBS Dependant with No Public Funds.
I am considering claiming Child Benefit for my children, backdated to 2021, so it's not easy to just give this money up for safety (I filed Child Benefit at that time without actually receiving the fund, so I can restart receiving Child Benefit from 2021).
I understand that I'm eligible for claiming Child Benefit but I am worried if claiming Child Benefit now would affect their outstanding ILR application.
Please could you help me to confirm if there would be any issue with their ILR applications?
Thanks in advance for your advice as I am very much worried.

Regards,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Claiming Child Benefit with 'NRPF', one parent ILR, the other with 'NRF'

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:57 am

You claiming child benefit wouldn’t affect their applications as you’re not subject to immigration control.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

timekillinglim
Newly Registered
Korea South

Re: Claiming Child Benefit with 'NRPF', one parent ILR, the other with 'NRF'

Post by timekillinglim » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:14 am

I just wanted to thank you for your help with my enquiry. Thanks so much!