ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Skilled Worker Child dependant visa - refusal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MoaJoseph
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Skilled Worker Child dependant visa - refusal

Post by MoaJoseph » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:15 am

Please I apply for dependent visa for my four kids, but application was refused on the following reasons.
1. That why was their birth certificate issue 13yrs after the birth of my first child. The birth certificate was issue on the 13th day of February 2024. That the documents don't provide enough evidence and I should provide more supported documents to prove that I and my wife have a connected relationship with our children.
Please I need a guide on which supporting documents is to be included and steps to follow to avoid any mistakes,Thanks. I will appreciate your assistance

MoaJoseph
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by MoaJoseph » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:51 pm

Good all,

Please kindly advised on what to do. I made visa application for my four kids on the skilled worker dependent visa, But the application was placed on refusal on the basics that all their birth certificate was issued on a particular that was the reason, They said i should produce more supporting document to prove their relationship with their parent. please your opinion, I strongly need it as a guide. Thanks

Moajoseph

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:15 pm

MoaJoseph wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:51 pm
Good all,

Please kindly advised on what to do. I made visa application for my four kids on the skilled worker dependent visa, But the application was placed on refusal on the basics that all their birth certificate was issued on a particular that was the reason, They said i should produce more supporting document to prove their relationship with their parent. please your opinion, I strongly need it as a guide. Thanks

Moajoseph
Do you mean that their births were only registered and their birth certificates issued recently? Where is their other parent?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:21 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:15 pm
Do you mean that their births were only registered and their birth certificates issued recently? Where is their other parent?
I have merged OPs topics. One has to ask why birth were registered so late and it would certainly bring into question whether the child is actually the OPs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm

You will need a lifetime of evidence for each child that covers the years from birth to this point in time.
Essentially you have to prove that each of the children are yours through the production of official documents from school, medical, housing, tax, census, any part of government or anything that can be verified by the Home Office.
It will be a massive task and it is as likely to end in refusal again as it is to succeed.

Ahmd_64
United Kingdom

Post by Ahmd_64 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:44 am

Provide a doctor or hospital letter which confirms that …… wife of …….. has given birth of baby boy or baby girl in that date…….
This will cover original birth date and parent’s relation with children.

Also provide a school letter which confirms that student……..(name) was regular student and his/her Parents ………(both parents Name) were attending parents meeting and dealing education matters….
Documents like this with covering letter is enough. Someone used this type and got approval.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:51 am

Given the refusal and the obvious issue that there is a belief the children are not the OP’s then the suggestion that a hospital and school letter will overcome the issue is rather optimistic.

MoaJoseph
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by MoaJoseph » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:47 am

Casa wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:15 pm
MoaJoseph wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:51 pm
Good all,

Moajoseph
Please, pardon me for not responding early, yes the birth date was issued for them the same day,

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:31 am

The other barrier to any documents submitted from Nigerian sources is the general view that there is a high possibility that they are forged or constructed for the purpose of immigration purposes.
Hence letters from a hospital that pertains to four separate children over a spread of years is not readily going to be accepted.
The most important question is probably - what do you actually have apart from the recently issued birth certificates?

MoaJoseph
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by MoaJoseph » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:02 pm

I want to send my brother to the High court to swear an affidavit declaration that why the changes was done. I don't know if it will be okay

MoaJoseph
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by MoaJoseph » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:09 pm

Other proves is
1. There pictures
2. The formal birth certificate that carry their names and date of birth with my paternal family that lead to the changes
3. Marriage certificate
4. Includes of the letter of affidavit from high court

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:12 pm

That is a self serving declaration in effect, so not likely to be treated as anything other than that. You have to have other documents surely?
School reports, doctors records, church records, there has to be historic documents that link you on the balance of probability to the fact that the children are yours?