ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application for UK born Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SukruToprak
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Child born in the UK and applying Citizenship.

Post by SukruToprak » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:04 am

Hi,

My daughter born in the UK 15 September 2019. She is under Tier 2/Skilled worker dependent Visa and her BRP expire date is 27/04/2024. i am going to apply my ILR tomorrow and if my ILR will be granted before her Brp expire date then can i apply her Citizenship ?

Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: Child born in the UK and applying Citizenship.

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:55 am

The child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen when either one parent gets ILR, because they were born in the UK. Their UK immigration status does not matter.

So your child can be registered as a British citizen regardless of whether their BRP has expired or not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Child born in the UK and applying Citizenship.

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:20 am

If her visa expires while her registration application is processed (note that visa and BRP may expire at different times) your child won't be eligible to use the NHS for free so it would be best to look into private medical insurance
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SukruToprak
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

MN1 Application for UK born Child

Post by SukruToprak » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:20 pm

Hi all,

i am going to apply British Citizenship to my Daughter which she is 4.5 years old. i just got my ILR (Tier 2) application result yesterday. My question is related to Referee issue.

1 - Where the applicant  is  a  child  applying,  one  referee  should  be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

As per above, i am planning to request from Nursery Teacher via email. if they accept to share all the information and provide sign copy of declaration, is it acceptable as they know my child only 1 year ? is there any rule that referee known 3 years etc even it is professional who has engaged to applicant ?

if they refuse to do it i ll use the email for me to show they denied to do.

Second question, should Professional Referee be British Citizen and older 25years old ?

Third Question, Second referee is our family friend, over 25 years old who is British. Does she needs to have a job in listed in the Referee job lists ?

thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 Application for UK born Child

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:47 am

SukruToprak wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:20 pm
Hi all,

i am going to apply British Citizenship to my Daughter which she is 4.5 years old. i just got my ILR (Tier 2) application result yesterday. My question is related to Referee issue.

1 - Where the applicant  is  a  child  applying,  one  referee  should  be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

As per above, i am planning to request from Nursery Teacher via email. if they accept to share all the information and provide sign copy of declaration, is it acceptable as they know my child only 1 year ? is there any rule that referee known 3 years etc even it is professional who has engaged to applicant ?

Second question, should Professional Referee be British Citizen and older 25years old ?

Third Question, Second referee is our family friend, over 25 years old who is British. Does she needs to have a job in listed in the Referee job lists ?

thanks.
The HO knows the hassle it is to get referees for children. Provide the referees you can for the child and it will be acceptable including using the referees you used for yourself for ILR.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:20 am

SukruToprak wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:20 pm
Hi all,

thanks.

Professional referee can be any age and nationality.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SukruToprak
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by SukruToprak » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:16 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have three more question.

What would be date for referee to sign ? is this before application date or can be after ? i believe i need to make sure and get this referee sign before i applied.

Second question is related to documents. i am applying British citizenship application for my uk born daughter and one of parents has got ILR. they ask in question if but they force me to click this box and provide document. What should i do as we are not British citizen ?

If ..................... told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

also they ask me to provide parental responsibility for my daughter for each parent. I assume this can be Birth certificate but they ask me to provide for each parent and then again ask Birth certificate for the applicant. so there are three box and only one document can prove these which is Birth Certificate. So is it Birth certificate for each box ?

thank you in advance.

SukruToprak
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by SukruToprak » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:16 pm

What would be date for referee to sign ? is this before application date or can be after ? i believe i need to make sure and get this referee sign before i applied.

Second question is related to documents. i am applying British citizenship application for my uk born daughter and one of parents has got ILR. they ask in question if but they force me to click this box and provide document. What should i do as we are not British citizen ?

If ..................... told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

also they ask me to provide parental responsibility for my daughter for each parent. I assume this can be Birth certificate but they ask me to provide for each parent and then again ask Birth certificate for the applicant. so there are three box and only one document can prove these which is Birth Certificate. So is it Birth certificate for each box ?

thank you in advance.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:50 pm

SukruToprak wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:16 pm

What would be date for referee to sign ? is this before application date or can be after ? i believe i need to make sure and get this referee sign before i applied. before you apply

If ..................... told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate. Keyword is "if" as you dont' have it no need to provide it.

also they ask me to provide parental responsibility for my daughter for each parent. I assume this can be Birth certificate but they ask me to provide for each parent and then again ask Birth certificate for the applicant. so there are three box and only one document can prove these which is Birth Certificate. So is it Birth certificate for each box ? Yes, birth certificate with full names of both parents

thank you in advance.