ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR parent children on NRPF question

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Odius
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

ILR parent children on NRPF question

Post by Odius » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:09 pm

This is a question for a family member

She recently got ILR, she was on Skiller Worker visa prior. Her children arrived after her and are still on Leave to remain with NRPF. Will she be allowed to apply for child benefit. Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR parent children on NRPF question

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 pm

As the children are subject to immigration control there is a risk that the Home Office could view public funds claimed for their presence could breach their restrictions. However, in practice I have never seen this happen and considering the legal duties to safeguard the welfare of children in any Home Office decision making I cannot see this being an issue so they should be ok to claim child benefit.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Odius
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: ILR parent children on NRPF question

Post by Odius » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Many thanks Amber much appreciated