ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependant Set O form Public Funds QUERY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jcsc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR for Dependant Set O form Public Funds QUERY

Post by jcsc » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 pm

Hello. I hope someone can help with my query plss. My husband is my dependant, I was on skilled worker visa before but now I just got approved as a British Citizen.

My husband applied for ILR using the set M form, and was told he filled up the wrong form, and is being offered full refund. I read in this board that he should have filled up the set O form instead.

He is on the process of filling up set O form at the moment, and there is a question if we are receiving Public funds. Since I got my ILR, that is the only time we started receiving Child benefit for our two kids who are both British Citizens now.

However there is a note on gov.ukwebsite that for this set O form, we should not both receive any public funds from the government. I was not receiving any child benefit when I was on a skilled worker visa, only after my ILR.

Can we still use this Set O form for his application ILR as a depemdant of someone who was on a skilled worker visa before?? Can we just provide a letter on his documents explaining this situation??

Thank you and hoping to hear from someone!

jcsc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Dependant Set O form Public Funds QUERY

Post by jcsc » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:16 pm

I also wanted to add that on the Public funds section for my husband, we selected Yes for Child benefit. Then the next questions is how much my hisband is receiving, we have put £0, and its asking for me then we have put the amount I am receiving for child benefit after my ILR.

Are we doing the right thing??

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:23 am

jcsc wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:16 pm
I also wanted to add that on the Public funds section for my husband, we selected Yes for Child benefit. Then the next questions is how much my hisband is receiving, we have put £0, and its asking for me then we have put the amount I am receiving for child benefit after my ILR.

Are we doing the right thing??
SET(O) is the correct form. You claiming benefits after ILR do not affect his ILR at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jcsc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jcsc » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:03 am

Hi zimba thank you so much for answering. This just clears up everything for me. Thanks!