ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony in Birmingham

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andrew1972

Citizenship ceremony in Birmingham

Post by Andrew1972 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:56 am

Hi

So my wife had good news today, the Atlas email confirming that her citizenship application has been accepted. :-)

The email says to contact Birmingham council to arrange a ceremony to attend. However, the Birmingham council website says not to contact them, as their policy is to contact us with an invitation.

Do any other councils do it this way? And does anyone have experience of doing this with Birmingham City Council? How long does it tend to take to receive the invitation?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship ceremony in Birmingham

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:59 am

Different councils have different processes.

Alao note that they likely contact you as it takes a bit of time for them to receive the certificates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bournville2000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bournville2000 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:39 pm

Me too received approval mail from Home office today (08-04-2024) but have not received mail from the Birmingham Council. Called the register office and a guy told these(Citizenship ceremony) are all handled in by the team, and they will send invite based on the order (They've backlog).

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:14 pm

Fingers crossed it's not too much of a backlog! :-)