ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP renewal (before 31.12.2024)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cremer2025
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP renewal (before 31.12.2024)

Post by Cremer2025 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:49 pm

Hello, hope you are all well. I like to discuss a question that has made many people anxious and hope the communication will be helpful.

Firstly, I want to thank all those who contribute to the thread
general-uk-immigration-forum/alternate- ... l#p2149645
and similar ones. I found the posts really informative. Thank you.

In early February, I enrolled my biometrics for BRP (ILR) renewal (my current BRP card expires very soon this month), and of course submitted all the documents and got confirmation of the submission of the documents and biometrics on the same day. Since then, it has been more than eight weeks now. But I have not received any update from the UKVI.

I knew many received their approval emails and the renewed BRP cards within 6-8 weeks. But such information seems up till last month. I have two questions.

1. Can you kindly share your recent experience about BRP renewal, especially the timeline? I am wondering whether it is a general trend that it takes longer to process in the recent months.

2. I surely knew the official policy is that the BRP renewal can take up to 6 months. It will be fine if this can really be done (of course we knew the exceptional individual cases) by 6 months. We simply wait. But my concern is: As it seems an overlapping period of transitioning to e-visa system, I am worried that the UKVI may (hope not though) "neglect" the BRP renewals and leave our applicants to the next year to use e-visa all the way. Then it will cause huge inconvenience as we could not travel at all for many months!

It will be appreciated if you can share your recent experience. I really like to know if some friends have received their renewed BRP cards recently.

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BRP renewal (before 31.12.2024)

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:53 am

The experiences of others may not be valuable as each case is unique. What others experience is not going to match yours. It has always been advised that you should expect 4-6 months for this process. eVisa system should open up to all by this summer
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Cremer2025
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cremer2025 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:01 pm

Thanks for your message. That is appreciated. You are certainly right that each case is unique. I agree and I think we all understand this. But it is always good to hear others' experience and such information can be useful.

As said in my original post, I do have a major concern regarding the renewal of BRP together with the ongoing eVisa thing. According to the official/government policy, we have to firstly get our BRP renewed, and then apply for the eVisa. So, I just wish the current BRP renewing process is as usual and will be done in a reasonable timeline.

The whole thing is so opaque and full of uncertainty. That is why this forum is helpful and the information shared between members is useful. I would very much appreciate it if more people can kindly share their recent BRP renewal experience. Thanks.

Cremer2025
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cremer2025 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:13 pm

Just to give an update so that those who are in a similar situation may find it helpful, as I benefitted from other posts, at least information-wise.

Last week I received the notification email telling me that the renewal application has been approved. Then a few days (about 5) later I got the new BRP card. In total it took about 11 weeks.

Hope everyone can get their cards soon.

ReallyConfused
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ReallyConfused » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 pm

Congratulations!
Could you perhaps have a look at the following thread and share your thoughts as you have experience of recent renewal
general-uk-immigration-forum/clarificat ... 46288.html