ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supplementary Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thetruthisoutthere
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Supplementary Employment

Post by thetruthisoutthere » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:15 pm

Admins / Members, Does anyone know that the new conditions of Supplementary Work apply to visa holders who got their CoS and visas before 4th April 2024?

I checked my Right to Work and the conditions say:

... can also work in a part-time job (up to 20 hours per week) if it is one of the following:
the same role as their main job
on the Shortage Occupation List

Obviously, upon clicking the (now defunct) Shortage Occupation List link, it redirects to the collection of the current Immigration Rules page.

Am I eligible to be employed in a role on the eligible occupation code?

honey1234
United Kingdom

Re: Supplementary Employment

Post by honey1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:39 pm

thetruthisoutthere wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:15 pm
Admins / Members, Does anyone know that the new conditions of Supplementary Work apply to visa holders who got their CoS and visas before 4th April 2024?

I checked my Right to Work and the conditions say:

... can also work in a part-time job (up to 20 hours per week) if it is one of the following:
the same role as their main job
on the Shortage Occupation List

Obviously, upon clicking the (now defunct) Shortage Occupation List link, it redirects to the collection of the current Immigration Rules page.

Am I eligible to be employed in a role on the eligible occupation code?
You have answered your own question . You can work 20 hrs either if, " job is in the current ISL list " OR "same role for which you had got your CoS before April".

For instance if are web designer according to you CoS , you can only work 20hrs extra as a web developer OR as a graphic designer (because it is in the current ISL list).

Had you got your CoS after 4 April then you would be able to work 20hrs in any of the eligible occupational code.

I hope it helps !