ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

puruwannafly
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) dependant visa

Post by puruwannafly » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi,

I had applied for tier-1 visa on 05-jan-2009 and got the visa on 15-jan-2009. I hadn't provided proofs for accommodation.

Now I want to apply for my wife as a dependent.

Questions:

1. My wife was told to provide uk accommodation detail. Is this really necessary though vfs person had asked for it?

If yes, then what are the options for me? Please provide in the details.

2. I had shown my salary account bank statement when I applied for my application (5000 pound). I have maintained this balance till date. Can I use this amount for her as well with latest copy of statement?

3. I have already paid fees for my wife at ahmedabad. Can I use this receipt and can I apply from pune?

Please help me as soon as possible.

pavam

Post by pavam » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi

Even I'm applying as Dependent. My husband has HSMP Visa. Yes... it's important coz it's mentioned everywhere, leave apart VFS. Even if u call British Embassy, they'll ask for it.

They need 2 know where u'll keep ur family.... can't b on road ... u must have thought of something.

Dont give them a chance to reject visa. It's your money and ur chance u'll b wasting.

--If u've any frnds or family, u get an invitation letter from them stating u can stay with them till u find job n accommodation. U'll need there tenancy agreement or Council tax bill as proof of their residence
OR
-- book a hotel and show recipt, u can cancel it later.

2. 5000 pounds is more than enuf...all u need is 3300 pounds for u both
3. If visa rejected, u gotta pay again, cant use that receipt else where.

Wish u luck
Last edited by pavam on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coolchap

Dependant Visa

Post by coolchap » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi puruwannafly,

1. Yes you need to provide proof of UK Accomodation for your wife's dependant visa approval.

This is to ensure that you have an accomodation for both in the UK.

For proof you can provide a vaild Tenancy Agreement. You can also show Gas or Electric bill to show as proof that you receide in this accomodation.

2. Yes you can show the same statements. You should provide atleast 3 bank months statement.

3. Im not sure about the 3 question. If your visa is rejected then you need pay fees again. If they have asked you extra documentation then you dont have to. Please confirm with VFS though.

puruwannafly
Newly Registered

Post by puruwannafly » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:13 am

Thanks for giving timely answers.

My 3rd questions says that, I have paid fees but haven't put the application at ahmedabad since they asked accommodation proof. Now, after providing accommodation proof, if required, I want to apply and want to use the fee receipt. I am sure that I can definitely use it at ahmedabad but will it work at pune?

friend_333

TIER 1 dependent VISA query ---plz help

Post by friend_333 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:44 am

HI All,

I am going to apply for my wife's dependent VISA under TIER1 .
So can some body help me about the
1)documents needed
2)Can I submit the application or my dependent need to submit it personally
3)Can dependent study on this VISA.

Thanks

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Friend 33

If you are applying from India you need the following docs:

1)Sponsor letter from spouse in UK or the main applicant

2)Marriage Certificate and marriage photographs

3)Copy of sponsor's passport with all UK endorsements showing the current immigration status in the UK

4)Copy of sponsor's HSMP approval letter - if any

5)Sponsor's proof of employment ( letter from employer giving terms of employment etc)

6)Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.

7)Evidence of sponsor's income (in the form of pay-slips) for the last six months

8)Evidence of accommodation in the UK (tenancy agreement)

9)Applicant's proof of funds in India (if any) like bank statements for the last six months / any fixed deposits / property documents.

10)Vaf 10 form

II) The dependant need to submit the documents personally as they have to do the Bio metrics

III) There iss no rule that the dependant of a tier1 cannot study in the UK.
I have enquired about this with the Home office in UK and BHC Chennai as i an a student and changing to a dependant and i wish to continue my studies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

friend_333

Thanks moonfog

Post by friend_333 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Thanks moon fog

I m currently in UK doing job

Thanks

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Is your Spouse in The UK or India?

letmec2006

Visa Fees

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks Moonfag
But you forgot the bloody Rs.48000 money for just a dependant visa.
Letmec

friend_333

hi

Post by friend_333 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi moonfog

My spouse is in India

Thanks

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 pm

The fee is very obvious aint it!!!!

Its 45000 now.

HMMMMMMMMMM................. dnt want to say nething about it hope i get my visa soon.

Cheers

hsmpqa
Newly Registered

HSMP dependent visa documents

Post by hsmpqa » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi all,

I am on HSMP visa and working in uk from 9 months.I am going to get married and my husband is in INDIA.Can you send the documents list.
I (Sponser) am maintaining 1600 in my account from 3 months. Do the dependent should also maintain the amount in his account.I am confused with this.Please clarrify?

Do the dependent need to work in india??

Thanks in advance,
Sri.

crazyvish

Clarifying documents required

Post by crazyvish » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi Moonfog,

Thanks for your detailed list of documents required. Is there any reference to these requirements, I mean can u point me to a link on the website regarding the requirements.

What confuses me are the following

2) Marriage Certificate and marriage photographs
Are Marriage Photos required?

6)Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.

7)Evidence of sponsor's income (in the form of pay-slips) for the last six months

I thought you would only need the last 3 months

9)Applicant's proof of funds in India (if any) like bank statements for the last six months / any fixed deposits / property documents.
Do they really need this?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

moonfog

Re: Clarifying documents required

Post by moonfog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:01 am

Hi Crazyvish,

This list was given to me by BHC chennai.
2) Marriage Certificate and marriage photographs
I provided 1. Infact they even said to provide marrige invitation(tats if ur recently married) I got married 3yrs back couldnt provide a card for tat.

6)Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.-
this is if the main applicant is already in the UK like my husband is. But this can also be shown in the spouses account(dependants)

This totally depends on how long the main applicant has been in the UK, could be a month , 2 months and even none if he doesnt have a job

Na not required, but could help if your husband /main applicant does not have a job yet.

They dont usually send a list as they expect VFS to do this, but i was in the UK and had various other queries thats when they sent me this list.

Cheers.

rik
Newly Registered

Post by rik » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what you have filled in the Part 7 section 7.15?

"What is the main applicant’s Certificate of Sponsorship
number?"

lata

Post by lata » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi,
I got HSMP visa on Oct 22 nd ,08 but my spouse visa got rejected. I appealed on Nov 11th,08. I did not hear anything as of now. And I am working in UK since Dec9th,08. I got 2 payslips. And I am manitaing funds(1600) in my Inidan Bank.
Now I want to go for new application as appeal is talking long time. Can I apply in UK ? or I should apply in India only for my dependent?

Please clarify me on this.

Thanks,
Lata

mbasmart

Post by mbasmart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 am

Hi,

My dependants, a wife and three kids, will be applying from Pakistan soon (for tier1 dependant visa). My problem is that I don't have any photographs of my wedding. Although i have marriage certificate (NikahNama), its English translation and Kids' birth certificates from Hospital but i do not have wedding photos (because our wedding did not take place in normal circumstances, we did court marriage). what should i do? i've seen some examples where cases were rejected because they did not provide weddings photos. what options do i really have?

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Need urgent Help please

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Dear Friends,

It would be of great help if you could please help me with the below query, its quite urgent.

Currently im working in UK on Tier1 HSMP Visa, i was earlier working on a Work Permit starting
April 2007, applied for Tier1 hsmp from UK and got it in April 2008 and switched job, my Work permit was still valid till April 2009

My Wife is about to apply for dependant visa under Tier1 General dependant Visa Category.
Can you please let me know how much mantainance funds i have to show for 3 months?

i have been mantaining 1600 - 1700£ for the last 3 months.

Should i show

1600£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

1600£(for Wife only)

or

533£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

533£(for Wife only ) -as i have been in UK for more than 1 year.

there is clause where it states, if the Tier1 migrant is in UK for more than 1 year then mantainance funds for dependant has to be shown minimum 533 £, it does not say under which category of visa has the main applicant to be in uk for more than 1 year, im on workpermit+Tier1 HSMP which will be more than 1 year.

Can someone please let me know?

If anyone can respond to my query, it would be of great help.

Many thanks in advance....

afsari
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant

Post by afsari » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi,
can someone please advice.
my husband is on work permit and i was on dependant visa from august 2007 to december 2008. we both work here. i applied for Tier 1 general visa from india got it 2 months ago. now my husband wants to switch to tier 1 dependant.
1. can he switch his visa from within UK?
2. can he just show council tax and water/electricity bill as accomodation proof? or is it necessary to show the tenancy agreement as well?
3. and about maintenance funds, i have been in UK for more than 12 months but on Tier 1 visa just 2 months. so the total amount is
2800+1600 or 2800+533 or what?
please clarify.
thank you,
afsari

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Got a reply from VFS after mailing them who told..

you need to show 1600 £ only per dependant.. i dont understand why you want to show mantainance funds for urself when u already have got ur hsmp visa and working in UK.. was the statement they made.

this message is to all those people who are pointing that the main applicant being in uk and working on tier1 hsmp has to show 800 £ which is not true..

Thanks a lot for the Reply.

So I agree that i need not show any funds for me right ?? When my Dependant is making a Application under Tier1 HSMP Dependant Visa Category under PBS from Bangalore

------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Yes, you are right, you will not required to show any funds. As long as you are able to show satisfactory proof for source of funds and has also maintained it in your account (Personal/Current) for three months, you will be able to meet the maintenance criteria.

However, the discretion is with you.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi All,

I'll be moving to UK on Tier 1 visa.. My hubby & kid will apply from India in few days' time.
Can anyone tell who should sign for the Child ( dependent) of Tier1 applicant's application form?
In my case , myself( main aplicant) or my hubby( the co-applicant with our Child).. who will sign ?? ....

OR the Child below 18 should give his/her thumb impression?? as we do in our Indian Passport. The Child is of 11 years of age...

Also, In the dependent document list do we have to give Kid's Birth certificate to.. OR only the passport in enough?

Senior members pls suggest.

Tx

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi..I will be applying on the 25th of this month for my dependant visa to join my husband in uk holding a Tier 1 General Visa expiring in 2013.

I have two queries:

1) My husband has provided last 3 payslips and bank statements for the last 3 months. The policy guideline clearly states that 3 months is enough but from the forum i usually come across ppl who hav submitted 6mths or even an years payslips/statements. In my case, we are hardly left with any time. Is it sufficient if i provide statements and payslips for the last 3 months only?

2) My husband has sent me a scanned copy of the sponsor letter. Is it necessary that the sponsor letter be original i.e. not a scanned copy?

vks

Post by vks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:54 pm

dima wrote:Hi All,

I'll be moving to UK on Tier 1 visa.. My hubby & kid will apply from India in few days' time.
Can anyone tell who should sign for the Child ( dependent) of Tier1 applicant's application form?
In my case , myself( main aplicant) or my hubby( the co-applicant with our Child).. who will sign ?? ....

OR the Child below 18 should give his/her thumb impression?? as we do in our Indian Passport. The Child is of 11 years of age...

You can sign (Either one of you can sign. Better to be signed by Primary applicant) write a note below the signature, stating that you are his/her parent.

Also, In the dependent document list do we have to give Kid's Birth certificate to.. OR only the passport in enough?

Infact Passport is a form of evidence for birth certificate. Would not haunt, if you provide the birth certificate too!

Tx
Regards,
vks

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 pm

vks wrote:
dima wrote:Hi All,

You can sign (Either one of you can sign. Better to be signed by Primary applicant) write a note below the signature, stating that you are his/her parent.

Infact Passport is a form of evidence for birth certificate. Would not haunt, if you provide the birth certificate too!

Tx
LOL... tx VKS for the very belated reply.. :D :D .. I had asked this Q last year March 09.. now we all have got our visa and living in the UK...
Cheers!!

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa wrote:Got a reply from VFS after mailing them who told..

you need to show 1600 £ only per dependant.. i dont understand why you want to show mantainance funds for urself when u already have got ur hsmp visa and working in UK.. was the statement they made.

this message is to all those people who are pointing that the main applicant being in uk and working on tier1 hsmp has to show 800 £ which is not true..

Thanks a lot for the Reply.

So I agree that i need not show any funds for me right ?? When my Dependant is making a Application under Tier1 HSMP Dependant Visa Category under PBS from Bangalore

------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Yes, you are right, you will not required to show any funds. As long as you are able to show satisfactory proof for source of funds and has also maintained it in your account (Personal/Current) for three months, you will be able to meet the maintenance criteria.

However, the discretion is with you.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk

can u tell us outcum of ur application..as im also lookin at showin only 533 for my wife's dependant visa..i'd appreciate ur help...thanks