ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant child visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Dependant child visa

Post by vic2050 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:53 pm

Dear Board members,

I am in the process of extending my child's dependant visa , I already have ILR under skilled worker visa category
In the last section there is a question which asks consent for third party verification of finances
Is that a yes or a no?

The question is worded as such:
Are you relying on a joint bank account or from someone else to prove your financial circumstances?

Thanks
Vignesh

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Dependant child visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 pm

It is a yes - as the child is relying on you as their parent for financial support

ILR24
Newly Registered
India

1 Parent applying ILR with dependant child

Post by ILR24 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:26 pm

Hi All,

I lived in UK for 5 years on Tier 2 General visa and my child as my dependant lived in UK for 5 years too. I am eligible to apply for ILR so applied SET(O) application for me and my child as well. My partner and I are not legally separated but he is living outside UK since Feb 2024 for personal reasons. I am the one who is taking care of my child since then.

I have got the below email from decision making team. What should I do here? Please help.

"Unfortunately as the father of the child does not have settlement, the child does not satisfy the requirement at SW 39.4.

This rule states;

SW 39.4. If applying as a child, the applicant’s other parent (who is not the person (P) in SW 39.1.) must be being granted settlement at the same time, or be settled or a British citizen, unless:
(a) the person (P) in SW 39.1. is the applicant’s sole surviving parent; or
(b) the person (P) in SW 39.1. has sole responsibility for the applicant’s upbringing; or
(c) the decision maker is satisfied that there are serious and compelling reasons to grant the applicant settlement.

If we were to continue with this application, it is unlikely that it would lead to a favourable outcome for the child, therefore we are offering you the chance to vary the application and re-apply for permission to stay.

Due to how our system works we are not able to change an application type, therefore, in order for us to be able to complete this option you will need to submit a new application for the child. The current application will stay open so that you can vary from this one to the new one so there is no break in the child’s leave and that the new application is considered in time.

Or please can you provide additional evidence / information which shows that you will meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules? If you have sole responsibility for their care, please provide supporting evidence."

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:52 am

Provide evidence of sole responsibility or compelling reasons, etc.

Or ask them to please defer considering child’s application until after you get ILR and vary child’s application to SET(F) under 298. Give evidence that the child normally lives with you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILR24
Newly Registered
India

Post by ILR24 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:31 pm

Thanks for your reply, Vinny!

I am still not fully understanding the two options given for me. Please could help me understand.

According to their statement - 'If we were to continue with this application, it is unlikely that it would lead to a favourable outcome for the child, therefore we are offering you the chance to vary the application and re-apply for permission to stay.'

1 - May I know what do they mean by 'vary the application and reapply for permission to stay' please?

2 - If I would need to vary, what I need to do? Should I apply for dependant visa extension, if so can my child be my dependant if I get my ILR?

3 - what are all the evidences of sole responsibility? As I already mentioned, my partner and I are not legally separated yet but he is outside UK living with his parents since Feb 2024. I am the only one who is taking care of my child and will be taking care of my child in the future too.

Cheers