ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claimable Child Benefits After Getting ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyafa

Claimable Child Benefits After Getting ILR

Post by priyafa » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:00 pm

Hi team,

We are living in UK for more than 10 years and had to take 1 year break from UK because of visa rules.
We had to change visa types and because of that our ILR eligibility got delayed.
We were not allowed to do use any public funds when we were on skilled worker visa.

Recently Father and Mother got ILR in April 2024.
We have 3 children - 13 years, 8 years , 5 years.

Is there any benefit we can claim for our children?
Both parents are full time working at the moment.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Claimable Child Benefits After Getting ILR

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:10 pm

priyafa wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:00 pm
Is there any benefit we can claim for our children?
Both parents are full time working at the moment.
Note that we are an immigration forum, not a benefits forum.

What we can do is advise on how any benefit that you do claim can impact your/your family's immigration journey.

What we aren't able to do is give you benefits advice. There may be other forums that you can consult for that. And you can look at consulting your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Claimable Child Benefits After Getting ILR

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:42 pm

Potentially child benefit see - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... d-benefit/

Universal Credit is unlikely, unless high rent, see - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... you-apply/

Does anyone in the family unit have health issues?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.