ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we claim Benefits while waiting to get a new job

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brekh
United Kingdom

Can we claim Benefits while waiting to get a new job

Post by brekh » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:13 pm

Dear forum members,
I am in a bit trouble financially due to losing my job a few days back. While getting a new job, we need to survive these difficult days and the only possible option currently is claiming benefits for a while unless I get a job. The issue is that my wife is on spouse visa, although she has been eligible to apply for ILR for more than a year now but due to our financial situation, we couldn't apply for her ILR so far and on top of that I also lost my job now. Lot of bills to pay and taking care of 3 kids is very hard in the current situation. My question is how can I claim a benefit in such a way that it doesn't effect my wife's ILR application .

Please advice me as we are really stressed out.

Regards

brekh
United Kingdom

Re: Can we claim Benefits while waiting to get a new job

Post by brekh » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 am

Hi form members,
Come on some one must have been through the situation we are in. Is there no body to answer my query?

Please guide me if possible.

brekh
United Kingdom

Post by brekh » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:07 am

Or just give me advice what component of benefits can I apply, which won't effect my wife's ILR. I applied for loan of 2800 to sort my wife ILR but that got refused as well. No chance to sort that out any time soon as well. Claiming benefits are the only option. But don't know how it does work as never applied before.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:45 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.