ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony: Do I wait?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LemonPeddler
Newly Registered
Philippines

Citizenship Ceremony: Do I wait?

Post by LemonPeddler » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:05 am

Hiya, I just got my Naturalisation approval letter from the Home Office, which instructs me to book my citizenship ceremony. I'm not sure what to do next, as the letter instructs me to book my citizenship ceremony with my council, but on the Gov.uk website, it says that my local authority will organise this and is done in groups.

Does this mean that they will automatically send me an appointment date? Will this be via email or post? I'm not at all fussy and wouldn't mind the free appointment...

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship Ceremony: Do I wait?

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 am

Each local council does its citizenship ceremony procedure differently (the citizenship ceremony itself is broadly the same in all). Some contact you first, some expect you to contact them. Some will give you a fixed date with no flexibility, some will allow you to choose from a range of dates that they offer.

Contact your local council and find out how they expect to progress the matter.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 am

Find the contact for your local council and either email them with your reference number or call them - there is usually a team that deals with citizenship ceremonies.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

LemonPeddler
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by LemonPeddler » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:21 pm

Thank you guys, for Westminster council, it has to be booked online, for both public and private ceremonies. A date can be chosen depending on the availability. :D