ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M ILR cash savings

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bathanza
United Kingdom

SET M ILR cash savings

Post by bathanza » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 pm

Hello all

The time will come in about 16 months where we will apply for SET M.

Life in the UK passed
B1 passed
Plentiful of correspondence docs etc I'm pretty good organising.

Spanner in the works. I've been made redundant from my role and I was the main sponsor with a salary of 18k+

Spouse is a director of a company and takes income and dividends. Of course I have read the requirements to submit documents IF we rely on this source but I feel it's very complicated and over the top to submit company accounts.

Looking at the cash savings route I think we would be better off doing this as it's only 18.5+16k (someone confirm this)

I've spent some time reviewing the requirements and it does say a letter confirming source of income would be needed.

I could either dump my entire settlement figure into our joint account and add to it over the next year or just deposit/transfer whatever we have in a savings account Jan 24. This would show as a transfer from one account to another.

I'm a LITTLE confused - is a LTD company income/dividends allowed as part of this savings route? Therefore would this need to be proven at all?

I really do not want to complicate the application but I can simply just utilise my current employment money + settlement and leave it alone OR my spouse and I can transfer from earnings from income from ltd dividends and my previous employment.

(AM I overthinking :lol: )

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET M ILR cash savings

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:32 am

You need to show at least an annual income of £18,600 to be granted ILR. To use your cash savings, you need an extra £16,000 on top of that. If you do not want to show any income and want to rely fully on your cash savings, you need minimum cash savings of £16,000 + £18,600 = £34,600, held in the bank for at least six months before applying. You do not need anything else if you have this amount of cash held

FYI
To apply as a director or employee of the specified company you need to apply using category F or G.
Guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:17 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:32 am
You need to show at least an annual income of £18,600 to be granted ILR. To use your cash savings, you need an extra £16,000 on top of that. If you do not want to show any income and want to rely fully on your cash savings, you need minimum cash savings of £16,000 + £18,600 = £34,600, held in the bank for at least six months before applying. You do not need anything else if you have this amount of cash held

FYI
To apply as a director or employee of the specified company you need to apply using category F or G.
Thanks Zimba.

The cash savings route is certainly a doable - do we need to supply ANY evidence as to where the funds came from? I'll ensure there's at least £40k in my savings account to simplify, that is my main income savings account. Thanks

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:18 pm

Just a letter that you write yourself. read the guide
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:55 am

bathanza wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:17 pm
zimba wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:32 am

FYI
Thanks Zimba.

The cash savings route is certainly a doable - do we need to supply ANY evidence as to where the funds came from? I'll ensure there's at least £40k in my savings account to simplify, that is my main income savings account. Thanks
This will be a simple letter declaring the source of the funds e.g. accrued savings from my employment income over the years.