ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused on what to do

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yaasamii
Newly Registered
France

Confused on what to do

Post by Yaasamii » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:27 am

Hi all,

Hope you're all well. I have a dilemma and have no way of finding out on what I should do.

So I was born and raised in the UK to french citizens. I have indefinite leave to remain.

I got married abroad in 2021 in Algeria as hubby is from there (I have dual nationality both Algerian and french) and came back to the UK.

I got pregnant in 2023 and stayed in Algeria since March 2023 and now given birth and coming to the UK next month. My pregnancy was very complicated and hard and no way for me to come back to the UK until now as I have only just recovered.

My question is my son is 7 months old now and has french passport and his Algerian passport.

How can I add him to my LTR? Also, how do I go about bringing my husband as well to the UK? I want to bring my family together and stay in the UK.

If there's anything info missing, please do ask as I don't know what to do to be honest.

Thank you

vinny

Re: Confused on what to do

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:51 pm

When were you born?
How long had your parents been living in the UK and what were they doing prior to your birth?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Yaasamii
Newly Registered
France

Post by Yaasamii » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 pm

I was born October 1998 and my parents were french citizens in the UK and gotten their residency in the UK in 1999.

Correction to add which I forgot to add to my original post, which I'll edit my post but I've got indefinite leave to remain under the EU settlement scheme.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 am

If a parent was exercising treaty rights at the time of your birth in 1998, then you are automatically British otherwise than by descent. Then your child is British by descent. Then both you and child may apply for British passports.

Else, child may apply with father under Appendix FM.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:32 am