ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Applying Spouse as a dependent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s.ahmadabbas
Newly Registered

British Citizenship - Applying Spouse as a dependent

Post by s.ahmadabbas » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 pm

I am unable to find the answer to this hence raising as a new post here.

Me and my wife applied and got the ILR in different years, as and when we become eligible. Now we are both eligible for Naturalisation, can I apply her as dependent on my Naturalisation application or should we apply in separate applications?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship - Applying Spouse as a dependent

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

s.ahmadabbas wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 pm
I am unable to find the answer to this hence raising as a new post here.

Me and my wife applied and got the ILR in different years, as and when we become eligible. Now we are both eligible for Naturalisation, can I apply her as dependent on my Naturalisation application or should we apply in separate applications?
There's no dependents concept for naturalisation (you will be British citzens with equal rights) - all applications are individually assessed - you can add your wife to your application but she has to comply with all requirements just like yourself. Or you can apply separately, even at separate times.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

s.ahmadabbas
Newly Registered

Post by s.ahmadabbas » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm

Thanks @alterhase58 for a quick response.

abbott25
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by abbott25 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:49 am

You both qualified so why would you apply for your wife as dependent? First there is no such a thing and secondly what exactly you want to achieve? How does it benefit your wife? You can both apply at the same time since you both qualify