ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of US B1 rejection on eligibility for ESTA after naturalisation as UK citizen

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Impact of US B1 rejection on eligibility for ESTA after naturalisation as UK citizen

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 pm

Dear Gurus,

My spouse currently has Indian nationality with plans to naturalise next year if everything goes good. In the meantime I have applied for a B1 visa for her and my kids.

I am not on this application as I have UK nationality and ESTA approved. She is a homemaker and I am concerned her visa will get rejected due to this reason. If her visa is rejected, will she be eligible to apply for ESTA after naturalisation as a UK citizen? If she is eligible, is there a high chance of rejection of ESTA due to B1 rejection?

Thanks in advance!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Impact of US B1 rejection on eligibility for ESTA after naturalisation as UK citizen

Post by lolo2 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 pm

If your plan is to travel as a family and that was/will be stated during the application/interview, being a homemaker is not necessarily a bad thing. Wait for the outcome on the application.

Receiving a rejection should not prevent to get it - or an ESTA - in the future, many obtain a B1/B2 visa after being rejected in the past, sometimes more than once.

Also remember that even an ESTA can be cancelled after being approved - and usually no explanations are provided. This apparently happens more often to naturalised citizens, so we can't get everything for granted.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: Impact of US B1 rejection on eligibility for ESTA after naturalisation as UK citizen

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 pm
If your plan is to travel as a family and that was/will be stated during the application/interview, being a homemaker is not necessarily a bad thing. Wait for the outcome on the application.

Receiving a rejection should not prevent to get it - or an ESTA - in the future, many obtain a B1/B2 visa after being rejected in the past, sometimes more than once.

Also remember that even an ESTA can be cancelled after being approved - and usually no explanations are provided. This apparently happens more often to naturalised citizens, so we can't get everything for granted.
Thanks for your reply. In the end the visa ended up being approved. The visa officer did ask about my employment and time spent in the UK .

And they approved it in 5 minutes.