ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For how many days can I stay in Ireland if I resign while on CSEP Stamp 1 after completing 12 months?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drablo
Newly Registered
India

For how many days can I stay in Ireland if I resign while on CSEP Stamp 1 after completing 12 months?

Post by drablo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm

I have been on CSEP Stamp 1 for past 1.5 years. Due to circumstances, I have resigned from my role (NOT redundancy).
How long do I have before I need to move out of Ireland? I have been looking for new jobs and involved in few processes. Should I inform DETE of my circumstances and ask for an extension? I'll appreciate any advice on what I can do while looking for a new job.

meself2
Ireland

Re: For how many days can I stay in Ireland if I resign while on CSEP Stamp 1 after completing 12 months?

Post by meself2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:06 am

Usually DETE cannot catch up with the redundancies, so most likely you can stay in the country until your current visa expires. If you can find a role AND get a CSEP before that is over, you can apply for a new IRP.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

drablo
Newly Registered
India

Re: For how many days can I stay in Ireland if I resign while on CSEP Stamp 1 after completing 12 months?

Post by drablo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm

As my case is not the one of redundancy but resigning, I'm unsure over the procedure that should be followed. If I do not inform DETE and apply for a new CSEP and IRP after getting a job with another company, wouldn't they see this later? Also, my current company would probably work with an immigration company to help surrender the CSEP and IRP.

I think I should mail immigration about my circumstances and ask for a extension, but is there anything else I can do?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 pm

Usually the minister will grant you 3-4 months of extension of Stamp 1 from the date of your termination. You can work without an EP during this period but you are expected to have your new EP ready by the end of this extension.

Note that applying for a new EP, especially when the existing EP is still in date, can take quite a bit of time, so really you need to have already secured your new job before you resign, otherwise you will not have enough time to get a new EP.

drablo
Newly Registered
India

Post by drablo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 pm

I am planning to mail immigration to ask them for more time but as of right now I do not have another job lined up. I had to resign from my current job due to personal issues and staying there for a longer time was not an option. I'm interviewing right now and just wanted permission to stay in Ireland for some time (possibly 2-3 months to complete those processes). I had raised the issue as I wanted to understand if it's possible to be granted more time in such situation.

As mentioned that minister grants 3-4 months of extension of Stamp 1, I'm wondering if mailing them to ask for an extension while explaining my situation is the correct way to go.