ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Relationship,

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Matewx
Newly Registered

Proof of Relationship,

Post by Matewx » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 am

Hi,
I am being transferred to Australia through my employer on a 457subclass visa.
I would like for my (same sex) partner to be included as my interdependent partner.
We have been together for over 4yrs now, but only lived together for 6/7 months few yrs ago.
The immigration agent is asking for Copy of documentation which supports partnership/living arrangements etc... Which is quite vague...
Do you think that statements from friends confirming our relationship will be sufficient?
Please Please Please advise!!!

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm

If you're using an agent, I'd have thought you'd speak with that agent. Bottom line is that Immigration won't just take your word for it that you're in a relationship ... they need evidence.

In the absence of legal marriage, 12 months (at least) cohabitation is usual for permanent visas, in the past 6 months was acceptable for the 457 but that might now be 12 months as well.

hourani99
Newly Registered

Post by hourani99 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:51 pm

From my experience, give them as much as you can.
Photos, letters, cards, emails, phone bills etc. and most important, statuary declarations from friends and family. You can not give too much!!

imsocute
Newly Registered

Post by imsocute » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:25 pm

hourani99 wrote:From my experience, give them as much as you can.
Photos, letters, cards, emails, phone bills etc. and most important, statuary declarations from friends and family. You can not give too much!!
Are you familiar with friendster? We are having comments and testimonials to our profiles with my partner. Is this considered? Coz its a new generation now, I mean letters are not our idea of keeping in touch. Also, there are evindence in some of our testimonials that we have common friends to satisfy the Social Context, is this sufficient or statements from our friends is mandatory?

imsocute
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of Relationship,

Post by imsocute » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 pm

Matewx wrote:Hi,
I am being transferred to Australia through my employer on a 457subclass visa.
I would like for my (same gender) partner to be included as my interdependent partner.
We have been together for over 4yrs now, but only lived together for 6/7 months few yrs ago.
The immigration agent is asking for Copy of documentation which supports partnership/living arrangements etc... Which is quite vague...
Do you think that statements from friends confirming our relationship will be sufficient?
Please Please Please advise!!!
My same sex partner and I are also applying, hopefully to be lodge by April or May. We have lived together before back in my home country. When we left for Dubai, we lived apart for these past 1 year and a half due to work assignment and also, Dubai is still a muslim country so our relationship is not widely acceptable by the public but of course there are a lot of things going on in the underground. Well, we have things like joint accounts, insurance where he is my beneficiary, ticket/visa that we entered together in Dubai, all the other evidence except for the living arrangement. Did your agent mentioned that this is mandatory?

Denise Casey
BANNED

Post by Denise Casey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi,

To have a partner added to a visa application, the information below should be sufficient.
Your will need to provide evidence that you and your partner have been living together as a genuine couple for at least 12 months immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
The main type of evidence that you should provide is

rental or lease agreement in joint names
joint bank account statements,
bank statements for each of you going to the same address,
utility bills (Electricity / Gas / Water) in joint names or some bills in your name and some bills in your partner's name - all going to the same address
other bills in joint names - car insurance, TV license
Government letters for each of you going to the same address
You should have some of these to cover the previous 12 months. Note that if you moved address within the past 12 months, you should be able to show evidence at each address.

Thomasthomas
Newly Registered

Post by Thomasthomas » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:35 am

Do you identify with any of these statements?

"He never listens to me when I talk!"
"She talks and talks, but never actually says anything!"
"It's like talking to a brick wall"
"I can't get through to you"
"We can't talk about anything important without getting into a fight"
"She's too emotional - she's either crying or shouting or complaining. It's easier to avoid her"
"He always gets defensive when I try to talk about issues"

Make Your Wife Hot: My Blog

Thomasthomas
Newly Registered

Post by Thomasthomas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:22 am

So it’s not surprise that the U.S. government sometimes requires proof of an actual relationship before issuing visas to Filipinas who are engaged or married to Americans.

meeting42
Newly Registered

Post by meeting42 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:57 am

Don’t you think that the age of high technologies made us as lonely as never before? I mean when I miss a friend I don’t go to him/her, I just take my cell phone or switch up computer to phone via skype. But what about a love relationship? Where can I find a nice and, what is the most important, real lady for something serious?

---------------------------------------------

relationship tips