ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA TO NORTHERN IRELAND WITH PRE SETTLED STATUS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fk006
Newly Registered
Ghana

VISA TO NORTHERN IRELAND WITH PRE SETTLED STATUS

Post by Fk006 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:46 pm

Hi, I would like to know if family member of EEA national with Pre- settled status can visit the Northen Ireland without visa. Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: VISA TO NORTHERN IRELAND WITH PRE SETTLED STATUS

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:48 pm

Northern Ireland is part of the UK. No visa required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Fk006
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Fk006 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:58 pm

Thank you. I was thinking my nationality would be required as am I not an European.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:08 pm

Northern Ireland is a part of the UK and Pre-Settled Status is valid over there as well.

However, you can't travel to the Republic of Ireland based on your Pre-Settled Status, even though there are no border checks. That will require a visa, as Pre-Settled Status is a status limited to the UK.

You can of course travel to the Republic of Ireland under EU law if you are traveling with your EEA citizen family member.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.