ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updating new passport info into OCI portal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Updating new passport info into OCI portal

Post by ashdaone1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 pm

Hello all, I have received a new UK passport. My OCI has the old British passport info.

Trawling through the info on VFS and HCI circulars, I understand that we need to update passport info until the age of 20, and once after 50. The OCI needs to be issues only once after reaching the age of 20.

None of that applies in my case. I received my first OCI at the age of 32 and I am currently 39. So, my question is do I still need to update my new passport info on the OCI miscellaneous portal? I am travelling to India next week, so wondering what's the safest approach.

Many thanks all,
Ash

P.S. Apologies if this question as been asked already. I could only find info about renewal for kids based on my search on the forum.

hemant_lakhani

Re: Updating new passport info into OCI portal

Post by hemant_lakhani » Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:59 pm

Hi, I hope you got answer to your question?

reference: https://ociservices.gov.in/

Miscellaneous Service for existing OCI Card Holder

In case the existing OCI card holder wishes to update/upload the latest information about his latest passport, Change in address/Occupation/Contact details, the OCI card holder can select the option/(s) as given below and upload the latest photograph and requisite documents. These details shall be updated into the OCI system records and an acknowledgement shall be shared with OCI card holder on his/her registered email ID. The services under these categories are gratis in nature:
1. In case issuance of new Passport Details (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
2. In case change in address/occupation/contact details.

These Misc services can be availed for re-issuance of OCI Card as well as updating the information time to time as mentioned in the MHA notification dated 16th April, 2021. The re-issuance of new OCI card will be applicable for following categories:
1. In case of issuance of new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age.)
2. In case of change of personal particulars viz. name, father's name, nationality etc.
3. In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate.

In case of Renunciation of OCI Card.