ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal won-next

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sany_mano

appeal won-next

Post by sany_mano » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 am

HO have rejected my PSW visa due to absence of the Uni awarded certificate and I have appealed and Judge gave decision on my favour.
So can anyone please tell me how long it will take once receive judge's decision to letter from the HO requesting passports ?

Now 20 days have passed already after judge's decision

has there anyone had a similar experience? please tell me how long it takes for requesting passports?

Thanks

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:57 am

has any one had a similar experience or please help me out on this

Thanks

alyssang
Newly Registered

Post by alyssang » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:56 am

i've won my appeal as well and it's been a week since i received the decision (16th Jan) and nothing from HO requesting for my passport to be stamped.

anyone else is waiting?

anwarkhan
BANNED

Post by anwarkhan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 am

alyssang wrote:i've won my appeal as well and it's been a week since i received the decision (16th Jan) and nothing from HO requesting for my passport to be stamped.

anyone else is waiting?

I Won my sister back yesterday and judge told her to wash her coohie before reusing.....................hope it helps

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:59 pm

alyssang wrote:i've won my appeal as well and it's been a week since i received the decision (16th Jan) and nothing from HO requesting for my passport to be stamped.

anyone else is waiting?

thanks for yr reply

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:35 pm

I am still waiting HO to requesting passports. Does anyone had past experiences of similar matter?
Is it perfectly safe to give them a call?

Thanks

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 pm

sany_mano wrote:I am still waiting HO to requesting passports. Does anyone had past experiences of similar matter?

Thanks
I don't think you have anything to loose, give them a call and maybe you can have an idea of how long it will take to receive this. They have not contested the determination by the tribunal, so I believe you are ok.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:25 pm

sany_mano wrote:I am still waiting HO to requesting passports. Does anyone had past experiences of similar matter?

Thanks
My solicitor says that HO may take upto 28 days to send you letter. My appeal was allowed on 28/Jan.

A

Appeal won - what next?

Post by A » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Hello,

I am in exactly the same situation. My hearing was 12th Jan and I received my determination from the AIT on 20th Jan and have still heard nothing from the HO yet. I rang the HO last week and was told they could give me no time frame as to how long I would have to wait to hear from them and the woman warned me it could take months still!!! This is so incredibly frustrating, isn't it? What we need is someone who has been through an appeal and now has their passport to reply to this posting and tell us how long it took for them.... Anyone out there?

Good luck guys,
A.

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:29 am

have contacted the UKBA this morning, they told me there are no time scales for respond the appeal decision. I have to wait until they respond. If UKBA had not appeal against it, they may contact me on due course with no time scale for requesting passports. This may takes months.

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Diokpa wrote:

Thanks
I don't think you have anything to loose, give them a call and maybe you can have an idea of how long it will take to receive this. They have not contested the determination by the tribunal, so I believe you are ok.
Thanx

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Does anybody know Who HO send this letter to, Would that be me or my solicitor?

I changed my address during appeal process and wondering which address HO would send it to. Appeal decision was sent to my new address.

Thx

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

rahilnaz wrote:Does anybody know Who HO send this letter to, Would that be me or my solicitor?

I changed my address during appeal process and wondering which address HO would send it to. Appeal decision was sent to my new address.

Thx
if changed your correspond address you must notify the change to the HO either in writing or call

alyssang
Newly Registered

Post by alyssang » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi all,

My appeal hearing was supposedly on the 16th January 2009 but the HO withdrew the case just 2 days before the hearing. The judge then allowed my appeal and the HO granted my visa. Since then, I have been waiting until the 30th January when I decided to ring up my solicitor and asked about the waiting time. In the end, I decided to leave my passport with him and he would then proceed on to call the relevant HO officer for the passport to be sent to.

I received my passport through my solicitor on the 9th February. So, I suppose it takes only 2 weeks for the visa to be stamped if you go through solicitors and it would take a much longer time if you are doing it on your own. It would be great if you could obtain legal aid for this one even though it is something trivial. It saves you time.

Hope it helps.

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:26 pm

alyssang wrote:Hi all,

My appeal hearing was supposedly on the 16th January 2009 but the HO withdrew the case just 2 days before the hearing. The judge then allowed my appeal and the HO granted my visa. Since then, I have been waiting until the 30th January when I decided to ring up my solicitor and asked about the waiting time. In the end, I decided to leave my passport with him and he would then proceed on to call the relevant HO officer for the passport to be sent to.

I received my passport through my solicitor on the 9th February. So, I suppose it takes only 2 weeks for the visa to be stamped if you go through solicitors and it would take a much longer time if you are doing it on your own. It would be great if you could obtain legal aid for this one even though it is something trivial. It saves you time.

Hope it helps.

thanks for your advice.

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm

good news, I had a letter from HO to requesting passports to endorsed further leave to remain. i have waited approximatly 6 weeks after the hearing to receive this letter.

Can Please anybody can say which address the passports sent to one in the sheffield or one in the durham

massive thanks for everyone helpful on this forum

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 pm

I guess the letter comes afterall, just that it takes time...I need to start counting my 6 weeks also. Congrats!

PS:

Sorry I don't know what address you should sent it to, wasn't that stated in the letter?

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:37 am

Diokpa wrote:I guess the letter comes afterall, just that it takes time...I need to start counting my 6 weeks also. Congrats!

PS:

Sorry I don't know what address you should sent it to, wasn't that stated in the letter?
i sent my passport to sheffield where the letter come from

Thanx

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:11 am

sany_mano,

Could you please why your intial application was refused. How did you won the appeal. It would help me and others.

My friend who has completed her degree and received the required letter (with extra information) for PSW. However she is now going to make a legal case against for the unfairness they have shown towards her. Now if she goes against the University she might have problem in getting the award certificate later on.

Please tell about your case.

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 am

sany_mano wrote: i sent my passport to sheffield where the letter come from
Thanx
What else u submitted with your passport? Did u send ur pics and returning envelope as well?

thx

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:00 pm

sany_mano wrote:
Diokpa wrote:I guess the letter comes afterall, just that it takes time...I need to start counting my 6 weeks also. Congrats!

PS:

Thanx
I hve received mine too

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
sany_mano wrote:

PS:

Thanx
I hve received mine too
How long did your letter take to arrive?

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Diokpa wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:
sany_mano wrote:

PS:

Thanx
I hve received mine too
three weeks

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:35 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:
sany_mano wrote:

Thanx
I hve received mine too
three weeks
Thanks for that info

A

It depends...

Post by A » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Diokpa,
Just to let you know my appeal was 12th Jan and I received my determination 20th Jan but I still haven't received anything from the HO so it's been over 3 weeks for me, so it is naturally possible that it takes longer. Also, you may notice that sany-mano had to wait 6 weeks after receipt of determination letter, so who knows how long it will take for us? How long have you been waiting since your receipt of your determination?

Good luck,
A.