ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reckonable Residence Start Date for Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublinmtb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Reckonable Residence Start Date for Naturalisation

Post by dublinmtb » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well! I'll soon apply for citizenship application through naturalisation. I'm a little confused about the reckonable residence start date. Here are a few information about me:

I came to Ireland on 18th of May, 2019 and started working on 20th of May, 2019 with Critical Employment Skills Permit. I have a green stamp on my passport for 18th of May from the Border Control and it says I came here for work.

I registered with the Burgh Quay Registration office on 29th of May, 2019, my stamp 1 card also has this date.

Should I use 18th of May, 2019 as my start date or 29th of May? I see contradicting suggestions in this forum, also my solicitor thinks I can apply on 18th of May as it fulfills 5 year legal residence here. I just want to get second opinions here.

I know it's not too much of a big difference, just 10 days but I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: Reckonable Residence Start Date for Naturalisation

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 am

I got similar advise and ended up applying 2 months before I thought I could, but in your case 10 days is very little.

Maybe wait the 10 days just to be on the safer side. It is going to be a long journey, so peace of mind is worth those extra days.

dublinmtb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Reckonable Residence Start Date for Naturalisation

Post by dublinmtb » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:49 pm

Yeah totally agreed, I wouldn't want this to haunt me in the upcoming months maybe years haha