ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR while claiming UC

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fadi1707
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR while claiming UC

Post by Fadi1707 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 am

Hello,

Please can someone help me with question?
My wife's 5 years spouse visa route is completing. I am claiming UC due to various uncontrolled reasons. Her name has been mentioned in UC in order to show validity of couple and in order to calculate her income in total household income however DWP is paying me as single as she is not eligible which is fine.

Does my claiming UC needs to be mentioned in her ILR Application? Can I still continue to claim, even though our joint income including UC part covers financial requirement?
Does she need to mention she had to give her name to DWP as couple but never got state benefits?

Thanks
Fadi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR while claiming UC

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 am

Insofar as there are no additional public funds paid because of her presence, then no, it will not affect her application and she does not state she claims public funds.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.