ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fresh application for wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fresh application for wife

Post by 2036789 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:37 pm

hi I am a 28 year old british guy who in november 2007 went to get married in pakistan. I submitted my first application in dec 2007 and the visa refusal came in january 2008, I went for an appeal in sep 2008 and this got dismissed also on the basis of mainly my income and I was heavily in debt my bank statements was always in overrdraft

I have managed to resolve my debts and Im earning about 1'300 a month (1'000 is my basic pay the other 300 is overtime), working in two supermarkets: marks and spencers (30 hours a week) and sainsburys(13.5 hours a week) plus overtime since october and Im going to reapply in april 2009 once I have 6 months good bank statements and payslips.

my bank statement from october is showing end balance:

nov 2008: £200
dec :£ 500
jan: £ 1900
and will show inshallah:
feb: 3'100
march: 4'000
apr:5'000

so im saving alot every month and all my earnings on my payslips are reflected on my bank statements

I wanted to know do i need a p60 as i dont have one and where can i get one from, does my how inspection report and tenancy agreement need renewing a they are from when i was preparing my appeal during my first appliction back in jan 2008. Are my earnings ok because I have two part-times jobs instead of one fulll time will this be a problem. and what other documents should i have, should i get a letter from my Mp would it help, I will be grateful for your views so please reply as i really want evryting to go smoothly inshallah , also can i get your views victoria please

documents i have:
-payslips ( 4 months from marks an spencers and sainsburys, will have completed 6 months in april)
-bank statement (")
-letter from both jobs confirming employment( will get these)
- letter from me to state im sponsoring ( attested by solicitor)
- nikkah with translation
- marraige invitation card
- mine and wifes passport( my passport has in, out stmps)
- wedding photos
- calling cards
-house inspection report
- tenancy agreement :showing im paying rent to mum £50 a week( first time i didnt show, i jus had a letter from my mum sayin shes happy or me and my wife to live with her, an the bhc put it as a point that i didnt show wht rent im paying my bengali freinded didnt include this in his wifes visa ap and he was successful, maybe they are more strict in pakistan)
-letter from mum to show she is happy for us to live in the house
- money transfer reciepts of money sent to wife t support her
- wifes courses and certification( although for some reason 1st time they said my wife didnt have any even though i submitted it)
- wifes medical
MM

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

HI,

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Documents sound sufficient, you have everything ready hopefully.

While applying a dependant visa, they count the following items.
1. Do you have enough funds (bank statements, job letter, payslips)
2. Do you have proper accomodation (tenancy agreement on your name and if the accomodation is not overcrowded)
3. Marriage proof - (Marriage certificate, Photos, wedding cards).

I applied a year before for my wife visa and managed to get it with just 1 payslip and amount equal to 4000 pounds in bank amount. Your wife should have her TB test done too.

All the best for your wife application. Hope it helps.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Try and keep your post together and you will get more responds.

Having read your post and the documents you intend to submit for your wifes application, I think you have enough there. Although 3-4 wage slips would suffice, a P60 from your employers is much better.

The reason for this being, that people intend to apply at a time when they are getting paid most per month due to bonuses and overtime etc, but a P6o will show you what you have earned over a year, which is the real figure the ECO will be looking at to determine you have sufficient funds to support your wife. So if you can get one,the better it will be for you.

I have my doubt over your tennacy agreement with your mum being the landlord would be believed by the ECO.

It is not normal for people of the indian sub continents to pay to rent to live with their parents. I have helped several people who live with their parents, just by their parents writting a letter to say that they can live rent free with them untill such a time that they can afford their own property. If you are happy to submitt a tennacy agreement, there is no harm.

If you dont mind me asking but does your mum also charge you for food, washing etc, because if she does, then make sure your sums add up in the bank account statements

You want to have bank statement showing between £2500 - £3000 to stand a good chance. Putting more than this could raise doubts, if you know what I mean.

Good luck anyway

Post by 2036789 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:11 pm

thanks for your response baitley khan very helpful. The problem is that the p60 comes maybe in may and want to apply in april so i heard you can get another document called notice of coding from my tax office. This confirms my national insurance number, who im employed by, my tax code etc will that be sufficeint

The reason why i m submitting a tenancy agreement is i do contribute to household expenses and bills and when i did my first application which got rejected in the notice of immigration status it stated;

"You have not provided reasonable evidence to establish your sponsor's ownership/rental of the property in which it is proposed you will live or any indication that mortgage/rental commitment are bring honoured. Without I am not satisfiedthe accommodation is secure, or hence that you will be accommodated without recourse to public funds".

In the first application I did put in a letter from my mum that she is happy for me and my wife live there, but it still got rejected. Is this because i didnt show how im supporting myself, maybe they saw this as 3rd party support and if your 18 you generally support youselve in UK. let me know your view please

Also you said that if you have more than 2500-3000 in your bank it can raise doubts. but the money coming into my account is paid in from my 2 employers and it says the names of the employers on my bank statement and is reflected on my payslips, so wont this be enough evidence that the money is solely coming from my employment
MM

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi 2036789!

When my husband applied for a spouse visa in pakistan 2 years ago i had just started my job. I sent payslips from June - November and did not have a p60 so instead i rang Inland Revenue and asked them to send me a P2 - a coding notice.

I was staying with my mum but arranged to move in with a friend once husband came over. I wrote a covering letter which explained that i contributed towards the household expenditure to cover costs for food, bills etc. Its not actually classed as 'rent' but its a voluntry contribution that everybody working in my household makes just to ease off the pressure from my mum.

You should also try and show economic activity in your bank statements; you need to show that you are able to spend and save at the same time. My cousin's wife had her visa refused a few times as his bank statements showed just his income coming in and nothing going out.

I also sent copies of my passport, national insurance card, pages from my passport that showed my visits to pakistan, birth certificate etc attetsed from a solicitor.

Hope that helps
The Confused One

Post by 2036789 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks for your fast response. Just a few questions please. Was your visa accepted with the p2 notice you supplied.
Also how did you show you contributed to household expenses was it just the letter to explain and did you show household bills on your bank statement
MM

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Yes, the visa was succesful without supplying a P60 and just a P2.

With regards to the household expenditure i wrote a covering letter which explained that i paid housekeeping of around £280 per month. My bank statements showed transactions from Tesco's etc and on or around payday it showed a sum of around £300 being withdrawn which i gave to my mum.

I had a savings account and a current account. At the time my wages were around £950 per month and i used to have a standing order of £500 going to my savings account, £280 to my mum, and the rest had other transaction for clothes, food, travel etc. I explained that the savings account was an instant access account.

The covering letter that i done was broken into 3 sections; Adequate Accomodation,Adequate Maintenance and Intention to Live Together.

Hope that helps
The Confused One

Post by 2036789 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 am

Ok thanks I give my mum 160 a month equating to 40 pounds a month and it shows on my bank statement is that sufficient amount to show as my contribution to the household
MM

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:19 pm

3rd party support in allowed in terms of accommodation with a spouse visa application but not for financial reasons.

You don't need a tenancy agreement if you're living with your Mother. Your Mother needs to provide evidence of her ownership of the property or that the tenacy is in her name. If she owns the property then she can write a letter stating she has no objections to you and your wife living there. If it is a tenancy then there will need to be proof that the actual landlord (be it Council or private) has no objections to you and your spouse living there.

What you need to do though is show clearly that you pay a sum of money for rent and a contribution to the household bills. You could draw up an income and expenditure budget sheet showing exactly what your income is and also your outgoings (taking care to ensure the amounts correspond with your bank statements and pay slips etc. It shows at a glance then how your finances stand, how much exactly you contribute to your mother and can be verified by the other information you have submitted.

Although it is good to show savings in your bank account, it is not essential if you can show your monthly wage is enough when you have paid out your rent/household bills to sustain you and your wife.

The required amount you should have left over once you have paid rent and utility bills is £94.95 per week for the 2 of you. It's based on the income support level calculated by the Government.
Scorpiolady

Post by 2036789 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 pm

thanks for your response just to confirm, the required amount of 94.85 a week is that inclusive of the two of us or is it 94.85 each i.e do i need to show im saving atleast 94.85 a month or double that amount a week 94.85 x 2 to show that i can support her and myself
MM

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:25 pm

£94.95 for the 2 of you each week is the total amount you should have left over after paying mortgage and utility bills.

This is for food, personal items, clothes etc. You don't have to show you are saving it. I guess it would be good if you could save some of it given your wife is not with you at the present time and thereofre technically you wouldn't need all of it for yourself.
Scorpiolady

4.5 months bank statement

Post by 2036789 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:45 am

I have got 4.5 months bank statement im going on holiday to pakistan on the 18th do you think this sufficient to apply for settlement visa or should i wait till i have 6.
also i have a house inspection report dated jan 2008 when i submitted my first application does this need to be renewed
MM

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Yes 4.5 months of bank statements should be enough,as long as they show a continious income coming in and expenses going out.

As for the housing report you did last time, it should suffice as nothing has changed from when the report was done.

Post by 2036789 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 pm

this is my second (fresh) application just want to know if i need to mention anything about why my first application was rejected and how I fixed this in my covering letter my lawyer say you dont have to mention it what do you guys think thanks
MM

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:25 am

94.85 is for a couple, how much money do you need for a couple with a kid. My son not need apply for a settlement visa but i suppose the ECO gonna see that we have a child and gonna live with us.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:17 am

Sorry to throw this question in at this late stage...but is your wife over 21?