ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long delay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ummehani
Newly Registered

long delay

Post by ummehani » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:12 pm

I applied my and my daughter's visa on 24th November, but yet i have got no replies. I have visited Gerry's twice but they are totally helpless.
Is there a way to get to the British High Comission and urge for a quick reply?.. and can i know all are getting spouse visas or there are rejection cases as well??

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:49 pm

hi ummehani,

Have you applied dependant visa or spouse visa? i.e. is your husband on Tier1 / HSMP or is he a citizen? Because timelines are completely different for both.

The current timelines are very very bad. My wife applied on the 3rd of Dec and has been waiting 7.5 weeks and still no answer. Majority of the people on the forum who applied dependant visas from karachi in dec are still waiting. If you applied from Karachi too then most likely your application would be in Abu Dhabi - that's where my wife's application is and also of all Tier1 / HSMP dependants who have applied from Karachi.

The email for FCO Abu Dhabi is: visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

By the way - you seem to belong to the same community as I do :-)

Hope this was helpful.
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

shah175

Post by shah175 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Ummehani

I (main applican) have applied with 3 dependents (my wife and 2 kids) on 20 Nov from Karachi, and there is no change in status on website. Please update me about your progress.

Thanks and best regards,

Shah

ummehani
Newly Registered

Got my reply

Post by ummehani » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:58 am

hi,
thanks
By the Grace of God my passport is ready for collection.
but i havent got it in hands as the vacs are closed on saturday sundays.
i would sugest all waiting applicants to email BHC, as i think that is the reason i got my reply today. I emailed them 3 days back.
wish u all the best