ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for (ILR) under the skilled worker visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bakr_1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

applying for (ILR) under the skilled worker visa

Post by bakr_1980 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 pm

I am currently applying for (ILR) under the skilled worker visa category, having completed more than 5 years in the UK. I encountered an issue in 2022 when my sponsor certificate lapsed. Upon discovering this while preparing my ILR application in January of this year, immediate steps were taken to rectify the situation. We successfully obtained a new sponsor licence, and I subsequently applied for a new skilled worker visa with my employer using the updated (CoS). Thankfully, the application process proceeded smoothly, and I have since received my new (BRP).

My concern now is whether this previous issue with the lapsed sponsor certificate will have any impact on my ILR application. Should I provide an explanation or include a cover letter with my application to the Home Office? Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: applying for (ILR) under the skilled worker visa

Post by lolo2 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:28 pm

I think UKVI would have risen any issues during the last visa application, it seems it didn't happen and the process went smoothly.

I wouldn't worry much about this, you already have a valid visa that makes you eligible for ILR - if the requirements are met.

bakr_1980
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: applying for (ILR) under the skilled worker visa

Post by bakr_1980 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:35 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:28 pm
I think UKVI would have risen any issues during the last visa application, it seems it didn't happen and the process went smoothly.

I wouldn't worry much about this, you already have a valid visa that makes you eligible for ILR - if the requirements are met.
Thank you so much, yes I have the new BRP and a valid skilled worker visa with the same employer, i will apply and hopeully it will go well, thanks again!