ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application Current job for student missing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aben
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application Current job for student missing

Post by aben » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:49 am

hi,

I applied to the mother and two children in January & biometrics were given the first week of Jan.

Since its delayed I just went through the application and found out that for my elder son, there were questions about his current job, then I filled as the Student and school details.

However, my daughter 9 years old didn't have these questions and the filled application form doesn't have these details.

I am just wondering what happened. how I missed it or the form didn't generate the question?

I added them as registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen in mother's application?

any advice, please?

thanks in advance
Aben

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application Current job for student missing

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:07 am

You filled in form MN1 which is for children.
Children wouldn’t be asked job details. In any case employment for adults is not a requirement.
No issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:14 am

Thank you alterhase58 for the prompt reply

Yes I agree, but my son who was 12 when I applied had these questions. I applied the same as my daughter.

thanks in advance
Aben

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:00 am

The form is clunky, clearly a 12 year old won't be employed. It is known that the online form is inconsistent. Your application is still within the standard processing times - after six months it will be officially delayed, for now it is best to be patient and let UKVI run their checks.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:04 am

thank you for the prompt response.
yes, fingers crossed & waiting for the confirmation email.