ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply first child passport with parent British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hoangong
Newly Registered

Can I apply first child passport with parent British passport

Post by hoangong » Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am

Hi,

My situation is that I got my ILR, then I got my UK Citizenship. My child was born after I got ILR and before my UK citizenship.

Now, I'm applying the first passport for my child. One of the support documents is my naturalisation certification. And I just realised that I lost it when I applied my British passport :( . Passport office didn't return it to me in the returned support document package (I receive other documents but not naturalisation certification in the package). I thought that they kept that as they issued passport to me. so, I didn't question it. it was about 6 months ago.

I will contact them regard to lost naturalisation certification. But I need my child passport urgently. My question is that can I apply my child passport with my British passport instead? I also had SAR documents to prove that I had my ILR before my child was born. As they approved and issued passport to me, I think they might have my record if they receive my passport. Anyone has experience with this?

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply first child passport with parent British passport

Post by Amber » Thu May 02, 2024 5:10 am

You should obtain an official copy of your naturalisation certificate for future, that is what proves you’re British, there is a fee (£400) see - https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 am

hoangong wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am
Hi,

My situation is that I got my ILR, then I got my UK Citizenship. My child was born after I got ILR and before my UK citizenship.

Now, I'm applying the first passport for my child. One of the support documents is my naturalisation certification. And I just realised that I lost it when I applied my British passport :( . Passport office didn't return it to me in the returned support document package (I receive other documents but not naturalisation certification in the package). I thought that they kept that as they issued passport to me. so, I didn't question it. it was about 6 months ago.

I will contact them regard to lost naturalisation certification. But I need my child passport urgently. My question is that can I apply my child passport with my British passport instead? I also had SAR documents to prove that I had my ILR before my child was born. As they approved and issued passport to me, I think they might have my record if they receive my passport. Anyone has experience with this?

Thank you.
If your child was born after you got ILR, you should be able to send prroof of ILR for entitlement of you son to British citizenship. Send your BRP and/or ILR letter and/or SAR and explain in a cover note.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

hoangong
Newly Registered

Post by hoangong » Thu May 02, 2024 9:39 am

Amber wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 5:10 am
You should obtain an official copy of your naturalisation certificate for future, that is what proves you’re British, there is a fee (£400) see - https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate
It does not make sense that I have to pay to get it again because Passport office didn't return it to me. I will try to contact them

hoangong
Newly Registered

Post by hoangong » Thu May 02, 2024 9:40 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 am
hoangong wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am
Hi,

Thank you.
If your child was born after you got ILR, you should be able to send prroof of ILR for entitlement of you son to British citizenship. Send your BRP and/or ILR letter and/or SAR and explain in a cover note.
I don't have BRP with me any more. They asked me to return it when I got my British passport. Also in their required document, they didn't mention BRP. That why I get SAR instead of BRP. I will try to explain this in a cover letter.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 02, 2024 10:15 am

You should be able to just send SAR and letter that communicated your grant of ILR. Naturalisation certificate should not be needed (you should still try to retrieve it of course).
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 03, 2024 3:30 am

hoangong wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:39 am
Amber wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 5:10 am
It does not make sense that I have to pay to get it again because Passport office didn't return it to me. I will try to contact them
You will not attract much sympathy from HMPO as you’ve left it 6 months before contacting them. I’m afraid you’re not likely to get it back now and need to apply for a replacement certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.