ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Number of days I can be out of Ireland without affecting stamp 1G

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhishek_jacob
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Number of days I can be out of Ireland without affecting stamp 1G

Post by abhishek_jacob » Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 pm

Hi folks,

I am a non-EU citizen and Irish resident currently on stamp 1G. I am planning to travel back to my native country for around 2 months. I wanted to know know the maximum number of days I can be out of Ireland in a year without affecting my stamp 1G visa. As I am not planning to apply for citizenship at any point, I am not bothered about the criteria regarding that at all.

Thanks in advance!

KyukChick
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Number of days I can be out of Ireland without affecting stamp 1G

Post by KyukChick » Sun May 05, 2024 1:05 pm

There should be no impact on your IRP, but remember that you have to be in the country when you apply for the annual renewal. Should you change your mind on applying for citizenship, they question any absence from the Republic of Ireland for 70 days or more during the period of reckonable residence.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:54 pm

There's no publicly available number. Some say it's 90 days, but it can't be verified externally.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue May 07, 2024 6:12 pm

As a general consensus - 90 days. Special arrangements are available for people who have permission letters under the likes of IIP and EUTR, but for most other categories it's 90 days.

I'll quote the correspondence I received from Burgh Quay a few years ago.
Generally, a residency permit holder is permitted to remain outside the State no more than 90 days consecutively without negative impact on their residency status.

Specific exceptions would take precedence over this, the IIP is an example of such. Permission under EU Treaty Rights in another exception where a person may remain outside the State for up to 180 days.

Regards