ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What could be potential causes of delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iampranavvirmani
United Kingdom

What could be potential causes of delay

Post by iampranavvirmani » Sun May 05, 2024 10:13 pm

Hi All, next week it will be 5 months since we have submitted our application for naturalisation and we have not received any decision yet. I have not emailed FNE yet but I was wandering does anyone know what could be potential causes of delay - I have seen majority of applications are processed within 3 months or so but some of them take so long.

Also because we had many visas - Tier 2 ICT short term, then Tier 2 ICT long term then Tier 4 then Tier 2, could that be reason of delay?

We shifted house recently before applying, could that be reason of delay?

People who have done SAR do you know what kind of reasons could be causing delays?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What could be potential causes of delay

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:36 pm

Being "late" is not an indication there's a problem with the application.
At a guess they are just running late - applicants are generally not told what the "real" reason is/was.
SAR feedback seems to be patchy, with little or no real useful information being provided.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: What could be potential causes of delay

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 06, 2024 11:48 am

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:13 pm
Hi All, next week it will be 5 months since we have submitted our application for naturalisation and we have not received any decision yet. I have not emailed FNE yet but I was wandering does anyone know what could be potential causes of delay - I have seen majority of applications are processed within 3 months or so but some of them take so long.

Also because we had many visas - Tier 2 ICT short term, then Tier 2 ICT long term then Tier 4 then Tier 2, could that be reason of delay?

We shifted house recently before applying, could that be reason of delay?

People who have done SAR do you know what kind of reasons could be causing delays?
Each application is assessed on its own timeline. At this stage best to be patient - you will have options to chase once you reach the 6 months mark.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.