ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner’s Citizenship: Application Question about dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Expat2009
Newly Registered

Partner’s Citizenship: Application Question about dates

Post by Expat2009 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:02 pm

Hello all, I am applying for my partner’s British citizenship. One of the application question is asking about the date I was granted my own British citizenship. Unfortunately, I cannot remember exact date, all I remember is that it was in August/September 2021.

Unfortunately, I also cannot find my Certificate of Registration which would have the date. Can I get some advice on what my options are? Does it need to be an exact date or is an estimate ok. Do I need to apply for a replacement which I understand costs £400 before continuing my partner’s application. Is there any other way I can find out about this date? I haven’t been able to find out anything specific in my emails so far.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Partner’s Citizenship: Application Question about dates

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:09 pm

You do realise it is the Certificate that proves your citizenship. The certificate is as important as a birth certificate.

A passport is just a travel document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Expat2009
Newly Registered

Post by Expat2009 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:17 pm

I do realise it, it probably is still at home, kept so safely that even I can’t find it. :shock:

So I need to mention the exact date on my partner’s application? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

I do realise it, it probably is still at home, kept so safely that even I can’t find it. :shock:
Ahhh, the 'safe place'! I know exactly what you mean, have the same problem frequently.
So I need to mention the exact date on my partner’s application? Thanks
You also need the certificate number, so yes, you will need to find it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.