ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent on Graduate Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Avani345
Newly Registered
India

Dependent on Graduate Visa

Post by Avani345 » Wed May 08, 2024 12:51 pm

Hello Everyone
I came to UK in Jan 2020 as Tier 4 Student. I am currently at the end of my graduate visa route. I have been working here for 2 years and my employer is willing to sponsor for skilled worker visa. But the employer's sponsor license got rejected.
I recently got married and my wife is in UK with Graduate visa until 2026. Is there any way i can apply to become her dependent and extend my stay in UK. I need urgent advise on this matter if I can become her dependent.
If that is not possible, Will I be able to explore the option of FLR HRO. If so, i need assistance with presenting compelling grounds of extending my stay in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent on Graduate Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm

Is there any way i can apply to become her dependent and extend my stay in UK. I need urgent advise on this matter if I can become her dependent.
No you cannot.
Will I be able to explore the option of FLR HRO. If so, i need assistance with presenting compelling grounds of extending my stay in the UK.
What exactly do you believe are your compelling grounds?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Avani345
Newly Registered
India

Post by Avani345 » Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm

Can i apply on the basis that employer is reapply for sponsor license and i need extension to purse the same

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:20 pm

Avani345 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm
Can i apply on the basis that employer is reapply for sponsor license and i need extension to purse the same
I wouldn't expect that to fly - you can go to your home country and be assigned a COS there.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:23 pm

Avani345 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm
That's not a compelling reason. You had two years to find a job with a licenced sponsor if you wanted to stay working in the UK beyond your Graduate visa - assuming your employer didn't have a licence when you started.

Not sure when your current visa will expire, so it might be worth to find a job with a licenced sponsor now.