ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused due to bank covering letter and appealed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahilnaz

Refused due to bank covering letter and appealed?

Post by rahilnaz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:50 am

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is anyone in same situation as me. I was refused due to Bank covering letter. I appealed against refusal as told by UKCISA (Email sent by HO to UKCISA admitting that they were accepting online statement with bank stamp) and had hearing on 08/01/09. I am still waiting for decision.
Plz do share ur valuable experience if you are in similar situation. and also let me know If my experienec can help anybody

regards
RN
Glasgow

kishorej31
Newly Registered

Please check here....

Post by kishorej31 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 pm

http://www.swan.ac.uk/media/Media,29723,en.pdf

Look at page number 4, 6th point...... if possible try to call that student service and explain ur situation and listen their answer....

Gud luck..

It would be great if u have answers to my questions.....

This is kishore, completed my MSc in Food Production Management at The University of Nottingham. I finished my course ontime and now I got a job in a food company but my student visa expires by the end of this month. I would like to apply for Post Study Work visa and for the last 3 months I travelled to India twice and I didnot maintain 800 GBP in my bank account. Now, I would like to show my Indian personal bank account and those statements say that i had around 700 GBP and those statmenets are from Indian bank (Indian rupees).

Along with my Indian account, I am also going to show my present UK bank statement where I kept around 1800 pounds. I am also planning to show my parents bank statements from India and also sponsorship letter from them.

The other thing is I havent done any part time jobs since I was in UK, I used to get money from my home during my studies and also later.
Last edited by kishorej31 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kishorej31
Newly Registered

It would be great if u could answer my question

Post by kishorej31 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:13 pm

This is kishore, completed my MSc in Food Production Management at The University of Nottingham. I finished my course ontime and now I got a job in a food company but my student visa expires by the end of this month. I would like to apply for Post Study Work visa and for the last 3 months I travelled to India twice and I didnot maintain 800 GBP in my bank account. Now, I would like to show my Indian personal bank account and those statements say that i had around 700 GBP and those statmenets are from Indian bank (Indian rupees).

Along with my Indian account, I am also going to show my present UK bank statement where I kept around 1800 pounds. I am also planning to show my parents bank statements from India and also sponsorship letter from them.

The other thing is I havent done any part time jobs since I was in UK, I used to get money from my home during my studies and also later.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: It would be great if u could answer my question

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 pm

kishorej31 wrote:This is kishore, completed my MSc in Food Production Management at The University of Nottingham. I finished my course ontime and now I got a job in a food company but my student visa expires by the end of this month. I would like to apply for Post Study Work visa and for the last 3 months I travelled to India twice and I didnot maintain 800 GBP in my bank account. Now, I would like to show my Indian personal bank account and those statements say that i had around 700 GBP and those statmenets are from Indian bank (Indian rupees).

Parents statements won't count - the funds have to be in your account or a joint account.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rahilnaz

Re: It would be great if u could answer my question

Post by rahilnaz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Wanderer wrote: Parents statements won't count - the funds have to be in your account or a joint account.
Hello Wanderer,
Do you have any input regarding my enquiry?
Thanks in advance

kishorej31
Newly Registered

Thanks Wanderer but here....

Post by kishorej31 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks for your information but u can at this website....in documents required...it is mentioned u can also produce letter from sponsor...

http://www.uea.ac.uk/services/students/ ... ode=portal

waiting for your reply

kishorej31
Newly Registered

hi wanderer

Post by kishorej31 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:56 pm

hi Wanderer,

The maintainance funds are required only to stay for few months till u get a job in the UK. Presently I got a job and the company is paying me 20,000 GBP per year. I think this offer letter will be sufficient for my future stay in the United Kingdom. For my previous stay in the Uk I am showing my sponsorship letter from my parents. I think this will be sufficient and I need your opnionion regarding this issue.

Waiting for your reply...

rahilnaz

Re: hi wanderer

Post by rahilnaz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:55 pm

I got my appeal decision today.

Judge says
"The Appellant produced a copy document intead of the origional". Had he produced the origional, that would have been sufficed. He produced the origional to me. Thats is enough to succeed."

Decision:
"The appeal is dismissed under the immigration rules"

I thank all forum members who helped me through my PSW application. I can now concentrate on my new job

Regards
RN
Glasgow