ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse, are we on the right route??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jennicab
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR for Spouse, are we on the right route??

Post by Jennicab » Fri May 10, 2024 7:56 pm

Hi All, we are on the process of re-applying for my husband's ILR visa. The first application that we made last October 2023 was Set (O) Adult Dependant Relative (family route) was not accepted. We received a letter basically telling us that that is not correct and that we need to re-apply.

Now we were given 14 days to re-apply, please help us verify if this route is correct (I am quoting verbatim from the visa application that we are doing right now:

Visa category: Set (M)
In which category are you applying for ILR: PARTNER OF A PERSON PRESENT AND SETTLED IN THE UK 5-YEAR ROUTE

A brief background of our status, me the wife is now British citizen, and my husband has been here since 2018.

I would appreciate any advices just to clarify if this route is the correct one. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Spouse, are we on the right route??

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:02 pm

Useful if you state what visa categories he has held since 2018?? All of them, plus duration etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jennicab
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jennicab » Sat May 11, 2024 6:27 am

Hi there, thank you for responding..

I'll base it on his BRPs:
May 2018-June 2019- PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO ENTER

May 2019-Feb 2022 (renewed, because of my visa expiry was due) -PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Dec 2021-Dec 2024 DEPENDENT PARTNER LEAVE TO REMAIN
From our records of visa he applied,
Nov 2021- he was granted PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global talent Dependent Visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:12 am

It's form SET O, and his visa route as a dependent not as an adult dependent relative.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 11, 2024 1:51 pm

Jennicab wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:56 pm
Hi All, we are on the process of re-applying for my husband's ILR visa. The first application that we made last October 2023 was Set (O) Adult Dependant Relative (family route) was not accepted. We received a letter basically telling us that that is not correct and that we need to re-apply.

Now we were given 14 days to re-apply, please help us verify if this route is correct (I am quoting verbatim from the visa application that we are doing right now:

Visa category: Set (M)
In which category are you applying for ILR: PARTNER OF A PERSON PRESENT AND SETTLED IN THE UK 5-YEAR ROUTE

A brief background of our status, me the wife is now British citizen, and my husband has been here since 2018.

I would appreciate any advices just to clarify if this route is the correct one. Many thanks.
That note on the form SET(M) refers to the visa route they are under (partner of a settled person) and NOT their personal circumstances. This is now a major source of confusion and error for applicants.

Someone under the dependent visa route must apply ONLY using form SET(O)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jennicab
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jennicab » Sat May 11, 2024 4:25 pm

Thank you very much for your replies. We are trying again, is this the right one?

Set (O) Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 11, 2024 6:01 pm

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice